1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I guess I was long hauled? 42$ from 4Queens?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by user3657, Sep 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so I was running late and had missed the bus, and a taxi was my best choice to get to the airport on time.

I was going in blind as this was a first for me as im either a shuttle or bus guy, so I had no idea what to expect but figured I would be ok since there was no "tunnel" :peace:. And the only "trick" I knew was "paradise", but that wouldnt apply since I wasnt on the strip...

The end result was 41.xx$. I had no idea what the price should be but I had figured from the quad its usually a 15-20$ fare and from downtown to the quad its usually 15-20$ so I figured it was ok.

But reading another post we could have taken paradise which should be roughly 27$ and the highway should be roughly 37$, so I guess this guy took me all around town eh?

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.taxifarefinder.com says the fare should be $24.45 with light traffic and $40.33 with heavy traffic. Depending the the time of day and how busy it was it could be right on at $42

3. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had to look back because I recall a time I said this in a trip report:

"We left a half hour late but arrived on time, grabbed a cab and asked to go downtown via Paradise, telling the driver we had $35 for the trip. He said he wanted a tip and would do right by us. We got to 4 Queens for $28 so cabby got a $7 tip and we were all happy. (We’ve paid as much as $42 before while being long hauled.)"

After reading dfalk's comment, I have to admit that I jumped to a conclusion when writing that comment. I'm not certain I was long hauled - the traffic may have been busy. I remember taxing to downtown once and seeing an off ramp off the freeway that was at least a half an hour deep. And possibly it was the trip I paid $42.

To the O/P, I think you can be comfortable for what you paid.You were looking at $27 (for going Paradise on a good day) or $37 (for going the highway on a good day). Accidents often make up the decision of what route you go and the fares for really good days are few.

Vegas is a big town. Figure $50 for any cab ride and gamble the left overs.

4. melbedewy

melbedewy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd rather figure $10 for the shuttle and pocket the other $40.:licklips:

5. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or $2 for the bus...... :thumbsup:

6. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got what you asked for so dont sweat it.

Keep in mind that its not only distance you pay for in a cab. the waiting at lights counts as well.

If you hit every red light between the strip and downtown it will add up quickly. To the tune of about $42.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.