1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cab fare question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by JerryD, Sep 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be staying at Mandalay Bay. We have driven to Vegas the last two years, but this year we will be flying.

What would be approximate fare from MB to Fremont St.? Or we can take the Monorail to SLS and cab it from there.

Also, any other suggestion to get downtown are welcomed, as we have never used any form of public transportation in Vegas.

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cab from MB to FSE, about $30,
    http://www.taxifarefinder.com/

Some of the bus people might come up with a better and cheaper way.

For me the monorail it too much walking.

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From MB to Downtown it'll probably cost in the area of $25 to get there by cab.

Taking the monorail won't save you time or money: you would first have to get from Mandalay Bay all the way to MGM Grand, then $10 on the monorail and then it'll be about $11-14 to get from SLS to Downtown.

Another option would be to go out from Mandalay Bay to Las Vegas Blvd and take the bus. The Deuce costs $3 per person, but note that depending on the time of day and day of week it can take anywhere from 45 minutes to 90 minutes to get to Downtown.

Personally, we used to take the bus to and from Downtown. The express bus came in since the last time we took the bus and it should be faster than The Deuce, I am just not entirely sure where the nearest stop to Mandalay Bay will be for that. However for the last 6-7 years we just take a taxi: I would rather spend $20 more and take a cab than walk forever and/or lose an hour of vacation time just to save a few bucks.

4. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had forgotten that site existed. Thanks for sharing it.

5. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good points. I did 'purchase' the 4 day pass for the monorail, so that is why I threw that in there. We plan to go up the check out SLS and probably all stops in between.

We also plan to stay at FSE late so we would likely have to cab it back to MB anyway. But that makes sense, to pay extra to save time.

Thanks for the tips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.