1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio / Golden Nugget Post Hurricane Trip Report 9/9-13

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by snapcat, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Watching the flooding in and around Vegas was tough last night. It would be MY luck to plan a trip and a hurricane hits. Looks like it's clearing out Today, so I'm super excited for the 4 hour flight. It's only my third time to Vegas, and the first time with my significant other. So, it'll be fun to be there together.

We're at the Bellagio for the next 3 nights, then one more at the Golden Nugget downtown. Looks like some of my Cirque shows I wanted to see are dark this week. Dang!

Hope you are ready for some pictures! I will see you on the flip side using tapatalk in Vegas.

Signing out in the Bluegrass State of Kentucky.

:beer:

2. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

I had forgotten how tight a 737 is. Yikes!

3. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck to you and looking forward to your report!!! Frankfort Ky Vegas fan here, we are going the end of Oct!!

4. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck. Looking forward to your photos!

5. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 4 hour flight, and the 3 hour time difference took a toll on this Kentucky boy - Lexington, Go UK, Big Blue Nation. But we managed to get some fun in, and I want to follow up on some posts from other threads. First, the rental car kiosk was amazing. Why aren't more people doing this? I had no trouble at all at Alamo ' s Kiosk, and there were at least 50 people in line for the desk. No one else was using the kiosks, and I got that tip right here on VMB.

6. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a short walk to pick up the car, easy peasy, everyone was so nice. We got a standard, which a Chrysler 200 online. They said we could pick out anything, and we opted for something sporty that I can't pronounce. I think it's a Hyundai Velocisomething. I'm calling it the Velociraptor from Jurassic Park. It has Sirius/XM radio, plenty of room. Really nice. Three rights and we're on the strip on our way to the Bellagio.

7. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's where the story gets complicated. I made reservations on a card I no longer have. It was one of the cards compromised in one of the hacks. I got the confirmation email, read it and even called twice to confirm. And OCS me even has an email trail of the same via email. Well, to get the discount I paid half on my card. Turns out there is a link at the bottom of the email that you can click that says you must bring the card you made the reservation on. I was expecting to pay my balance at check in, but they wouldn't allow that. They had to credit the closed card and charge my new card for the full balance. For my protection against fraud, they say. It will take about a week for the credit work it's way from the closed account and back to me. I was livid.

8. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But, the desk agent was completely gracious, and the $20 tip worked. We got upgraded from a deluxe fountain to a premier fountain view. We have the best view I could hope for. Checking in to the room the first thing I needed to do was plug in devices. [​IMG]

10. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I located the plug in on the desk quickly, but didn't see the plug in on the lamp beside the bed. I looked behind the nightstand and found piles of dust.

12. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was the straw that broke the camels back. I call and talk with Eric, the Asst Front Desk Manager. I have never had someone talk to me in such a condescending way. He was pretty much telling me everything was my fault. I should have known to click the link on the email. After all, why should they have to include all information on one email. The Conservatory is closed for the change of seasons. After 90 minutes no fountain show. I finally asked him if he believed he had addressed my concerns in a professional manner, one fitting of a luxury resort. Then, and only then, he finally apologized in a meaningful way, and gave us a $150 F & B credit. His name was Eric and he was just insulting.

13. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate dinner at Cafe Bellagio, which was hard to get to with the conservatory closed. There was about as much space on a 737 as the path. Same for Michael Mina. We had a delicious turkey meal, and the service was exceptional. The Front Desk is the only place I have not had exemplary service.[​IMG]

14. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fountain started working. We enjoyed that and I went to bed, exhausted.

15. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My biggest decision now is which of the 6 pools to go to

16. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying the pics.
    Ready for more.

17. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's talk actual room. The room is nice, comfotable, but a bit dated for the prices. You are paying for the view. The Vdara was much more luxurious. Service at Bellagio is exceptional, though. Better than Vdara. Dining options are very good, and accommodate most price ranges.

18. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some more pool shots. Bellagio has 6 different pools within the same area. Very easy for seating, at least mid week. Cocktail service for everyone, along with a poolside menu. There is also a poolside restaurant if needed.

20. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.