1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Delano Email Offer

Discussion in 'Comps' started by sindustry, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Just got an email offer from Delano...Delano Las Vegas in September.

3 comp nights
    $1,000 Resort Credit
    Comp Spa Access for Two
    25% Discount on Spa Services

Book by October 31, 2014
    Travel: September 1, 2014 through January 31, 2015

This is by far the best offer I have received (combined room and RC) from mlife. Their intelligent computer program must have calculated that there is a 95% chance I will lose every trip. It would certainly be correct for this year...lol.

Now, time to figure out a good time to go. I have yet to go to Vegas during Oct-Dec, so maybe I will plan a trip within those months. If not, I may book it during CES, even though that is probably the worst strip location for travelling to/from LVCC.

Anyone here visit Vegas regularly during oct-dec? Within these months, when is your favorite time to go?

2. Haute_Shot

Haute_Shot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if the mlife player is positive for the year so far *fingers crossed* will that reduce offers?

im not seeing much more than comped rooms... typically i'll get at least some free play and/or resort credit

3. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Honestly, I have no idea, but my guess is it is based on play. I am a green chip carnival pit player and based on mlife stats, my average bet is in the $225-$250 range (CET rates me at around $550). Usually, I just get upfront rooms and minimal RC ($100-$350). This could just be a teaser, as I only stayed there for the first time, last month. I do go to Vegas fairly often though, so perhaps the frequency helps pad my low-roller average bet.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at Mandalay Bay during CES a few times (not intentionally), and I'm almost positive I remember seeing signs about shuttle service to and from the convention center. Those might have been for a fee or sponsored by a particular company, but I'm pretty sure something like that exists.

As to when to go, I've gone during those periods a whole bunch of times. I think it depends on how much action you're looking for. Mid-December is pretty dead, which I normally wouldn't mind, but a lot of restaurants are closed during that time as well. I might consider Thanksgiving weekend -- surprisingly, Thursday-Sunday is pretty busy that weekend, because everyone in Southern California gets drunk at Thanksgiving dinner and decides to head out to Vegas to party. I've been at Aria for the Friday after Thanksgiving the last couple years, and it's consistently packed and fun.

5. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your offer is basically in line with the offers that I get (with 2 or 3 trips per year). The only difference is that I play craps at a slightly lower rate.

Anything less and I would be concerned.

6. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Lol...i have actually been used to much less upfront. I usually get around this much when you combine the frontend with the backend, so i guess this just streamlines it so I won't really have to have the host review my bill.

7. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To answer the other part of your question.

We have been there once in October (last year) and November (2 years ago) and both times were relatively quiet. Almost too quiet...

8. NeonAndBeach

NeonAndBeach Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you live somewhere cool/cold, October is the time to be here. Still around 80 degrees (average, our desert weather is unpredictable), some pools are still open, etc.

As already noted, if you want to have the town pretty much to yourself (but understand many shows will be dark), come right after National Finals Rodeo leaves town.

9. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Good to know...i do most of my trips during spring and summer, with the exception of 2 weeks in January.

Maybe I will shoot for Cirque Week...that is if there is one this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.