1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Guys Trip Steakhouse Suggestions

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by macfisto, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going old school with the Palm just outside Caesars in the forum shops. Great bar, great food.

2. tex55

tex55 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Smith & Wollensky (near MGM Grand)
    2. Capital Grille
    3. Ruths Chris

3. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does OP want chains or Vegas only steakhouses? Does OP want old school or modern?

4. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    StripSteak, hands down. Was just there with a group of guys last week. They do it up right.

Could imagine STK would be fun for a shitshow.

5. macfisto

macfisto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chains would be OK, and I'd say that we would prefer old-school. Thanks for all of the suggestions, folks.

6. sailboat310

sailboat310 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen quite a few recs for STK, however for actual steak quality I would put in slightly under the middle of the packs with the other recommendations.

If you are looking for loud club music with live DJ on weekends and top eye candy sprinkled abundantly around, then might be a good choice.

FYI, if you are in a large group, you will not be able to hear people that are not sitting within four to five feet away if not shouting, especially when dj is playing.

7. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still like Vic & Anthony's, in the Golden Nugget. However, ate at Andiamo's in The D, earlier this month. I have to say, the long-bone ribeye was pretty good. There might be a picture of it, to follow.

8. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a heads-up they really crank up the music at STK, too loud for a meal IMO. I'd recommend SW or Prime. Carnevino was extremely underwhelming.

9. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since your at CP, old Homestead or Mesa Grill will be just fine.

10. Pistol

Pistol Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonico at the Venetian is always a good one

11. jaybert

jaybert Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did Gordon Ramsey steakhouse this weekend for 6 guys. Food was fine, as expected for a high end steakhouse. Service was fine too , but the food took forever to come out. Only complaint.

The toffee pudding dessert that is hyped up I thought was good, but not out of this world like the many reviews I've read

12. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed that things that are hyped-up aren't as good as expected because the expectations have gone too high.

13. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most the time, yep!

14. Brewfangrb

Brewfangrb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another super helpful thread. Dumb newbie question: Since we're staying at the MGM, Craftsteak caught my eye--but I wondered for these joints: Are reservations recommended/required/not taken?

We arrive on a Friday afternoon--if reservations are taken, do they need to be pretty far in advance or can we call day of?

15. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reservations are definitely recommended, especially on Friday and Saturday nights. When I tried to make reservations on the day of for Friday or Saturday, they only have either 5:00 or 10:30 available.

16. Kbaby Girl

Kbaby Girl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just returned from Vegas. Second time at Andiamo, BEST meal of the trip. Also, dined at Stripsteak. You can't go wrong with either. I preferred Andiamo.

17. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    N9ne restaurant at Palms. The 35 day dry aged bone in rib eye was absolutely ridiculous. I could not believe how tender it was and the taste was amazing. The lobster thermidor was excellent as well. Sides were awesome too... very rich without being heavy (the two sides that stand out the most were the mac and cheese and lobster mashed potatoes)
    Smith and Wollenskys. Never had a bad meal there. All the steaks area dry aged in house, except for the fillet. Shellfish platter is really good there for like $30 a person.
    Del Friscos------ I would say steak was as good as Smith and Wo's (but a little more expensive if I recall), but the sides were better, but not as good as the sides at N9ne

18. Haute_Shot

Haute_Shot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Michael Mina stripsteak :
    American ribeye wagyu
    Angus bone in rib eye
    Angus filet
    Foie Gras

19. macfisto

macfisto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey folks....OP here. After all of these fantastic suggestions, of course my buddies and I ended up going with a steakhouse not even mentioned....Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steak at the Mirage. We just happened to be strolling through the Mirage, and as we passed Heritage and saw the drop-dead gorgeous hostess, our decision had been made! I don't know why I even attempt to make plans before heading to Vegas; I never stick to them. Anyway, this was a really nice place. Atmosphere and service were top-notch, and the braised pork belly and bone-in ribeye were excellent. This place was never even on my radar before the trip, but it ended up being a great experience!

20. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your goal is quality of steak - Craftsteak or Jean Georges at Aria. Those would be my picks. I've had both plus prime, SW steakhouse, and STK.

EDIT* just saw post that OP had already made his choice. Glad to hear a good review of the new steakhouse at Mirage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.