1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Venetian, Aria nightly tournament questions

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by joshrocker, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at the nightly $125 7pm tournaments. I see these allow re-entries but aren't advertised as re-buys. Do these play more like re-buys or are they played more as normal tournaments?

I see the Bellagio offers a 5PM $125 tournament that only allows 1 re-buy. Would that be a better option if we're looking to avoid re-buys?

Any other options that we've missed that would be in the same buy in amount that only allow single buy ins?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What kind of tournaments are you talking about? (BJ, Slot, Poker, Video Poker?)
    What are the stakes and winnings?

3. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious. Why don't you like rebuys? In my experience they pretty much let bad players give away extra chips to their tables.

4. GSS

GSS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They play more like regular tournaments with the exception of the last few minutes of the last level that re_entries are allowed. Some people will push very light because they have to have zero chips to re enter

5. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Live poker tournaments. Hoping to land around the $100 buy in (the 2 specific ones I mentioned are $125 buy ins).

Dutch: I don't care for re-buys because they usually favor the players with the deeper pockets ( which I won't have). Proper re-buy strategy is to play loose and fast early on and try to amass a large chip stack. Generally you're at a pretty steep disadvantage unless you have the desire to buy in at least a couple of times (unless you get lucky early on of course). I much prefer tournaments where everyone is on equal footing.

It seems pretty much all of the tournaments around town allow "re-entries" until around the first break.

6. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I appreciate your answer. So can you reasonably stand a shot to win with a single buy in? Or do you really need to be prepared to buy in a couple of times?

7. dernsky

dernsky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive played in the Aria 125 quite a few times, really not that many people re-enter. you should be fine with one entry. as of late the tourney takes at least 7 or 8 hours or longer. GOOD LUCK!!!!

8. GSS

GSS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes you will be on level ground with 1 buyin

9. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you both. I think we'll give one of these a try....If not both!

10. Jinx

Jinx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't say much on Aria or Venetian, but the one +100 entry tourney I played at Wynn, it was as other commenter said, typically towards break you might see some aggressive play, definitely not what you would consider a standard rebuy play during the beginning of the tourney, where action is fast and loose, typically in these tourneys stacks are a bit too big anyway for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.