1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife points for dining..

Discussion in 'Comps' started by heatherlovesvegas, Sep 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you ask them to swipe your card, or does it have to be a room charge to get points? They do it at retail, but I don't recall doing it at a restaurant before.

Also can you do the same with show tickets if you buy at the box office?

I'm going in a few weeks, and I want all the extra points, I'd like to try and level up before points expire... but I'm going with my family, and I just can't charge all our steak dinners to my room, realistically. Trying to figure out the best way to go about earning the non-gambling points. (and yes I know leveling up isn't important blah blah blah haha, but I want to, if I'm spending the money anyways)

2. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is tough. Restaurants/cafe charged to the room is instant points when u check out.

So if you are trying to get extra points after the fact you can email your receipt and mlife Id number. I don't know how carefully they check. If you try in person at the mlife desk they will match tthe cc bill to the mlife account name.

The restaurants won't swipe the mlife card unless you are using ec points. In your case the steak house scenerio, it seems like you will ask for seperate checks or splitting the check between cards. No creative way to get points from the other folks that paid.

If the other people in the party pay cash, then I'd just collect the cash from them and charge to the room.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can also take your receipt to the mLife desk and they can credit your account there, but only if the amount of the receipt is over $50.
    https://www.mlife.com/pages/about_m_life_faq.html

Best option, charge everything to your room to ensure you get credit.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For show tickets make sure they print a receipt for them. Take it to the mlife desk to get your points. They will make a photocopy and make you sign some ledger.

5. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In February, I bought MJ1 tickets at the box office at Luxor. I wasn't versed with Mlife at that time, so didn't know to ask about points. The gentleman who did my ticket transaction mentioned that I will get points for purchasing the tickets and to check my Mlife account in 24-48 hours. Sure enough, after I came home from my trip - I logged onto my account and the points were there.

6. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm I mean cause you can use express comps to eat. So I would imagine you can get points.

Didn't think about the receipt thing. That would work.

7. bdg626

bdg626 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can swipe for points almost anywhere. I've done from buffets to prime steakhouse.

8. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess it can't hurt to just ask! Or I'll swing by the Mlife desk and ask about the receipt thing...

It's 25 pts per dollar for room, dining, etc right?

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just give them your MLife card when you pay at a restaurant or at the box office. You should get the Tier Credits almost immediately (ie by the next day). Save your receipt in case anyhting goes wrong.

10. NeKrArXe

NeKrArXe Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was out there in July and can tell you it's an easy process. For any restaurant, spa, box office, gift shop, cafe, etc. just give them your Mlife card along with whatever payment method you are using. You should see on your receipt something that confirms they swiped your card (I don't remember what though).

If you forget to give them your card, just take the receipt to any players club desk and they will credit you for the points which in my experience will appear on your account anywhere from 2-12 hours later.

11. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.