1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurant that left you disappointed

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by duoglide, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know what there is to like about Battista's unless people want to think that they are capturing the old time Vegas atmosphere.

The food may be old school-but it is terrible. There are lots of red sauce Italian restaurant s with food like Nonna made....but they have to be good and at least come close to home made taste.

Everything at B's tastes of cans and jars. The "cappuccino" was sold by Nestle in stores a while back, a powdered drink that one adds hot water to. I think that may have been removed since it didn't sell very well.

2. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Second this!!
    At least your steak was prepared the way you ordered it.
    Our party of 8 was unanimous in selecting this as the worst dining experience ever.
    Horrible service and every meal had a problem.Sides were not delivered,undercooked and overcooked steaks.

3. DiamondJim21

DiamondJim21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fat Choy. It is highly rated on trip advisor, but it just wasn't good. Food wasn't good, service was average at best - server just seemed more interested in chatting with other guests rather than waiting on us, place is just a diner type place - which I like, but this was just a negative experience for us. Glad others seem to enjoy it.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is probably heresy around these parts, but Border Grill. I went for brunch a few trips ago. What bugged me was that the only brunch option was the all-you-can-eat; I was there by myself, and a lot of the brunch menu didn't really appeal to me (I'm not a big fan of sweet breakfast food), but I totally would have ordered a normal entree-sized version of the bacon-and-egg quesadilla or the huevos rancheros. I wound up ordering tacos from the lunch menu, which were fine but not really what I wanted; however, it was 11am by then, I was starving and hungover, and I'd already trekked all the way over there and then waited around for them to open, so I just didn't feel like starting my search over.

Not saying it was bad, just disappointing.

5. Comps aplenty

Comps aplenty Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bacchanal buffet for dinner was not good. A lot of variety, but the food itself wasn't good. Went back to the Bacchanal for breakfast and it was great!!!

6. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carnevino was great the first time but the second was just off. However, my biggest disappointment was CUT. I was expecting so much more and just left hungry and wanting a good meal. I know this is the disappointing thread but I was greatly surprised by STACK and go back when I have a chance.

7. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

Giadas. Very let down. Some items that others said was good, we thought not good. And visa versa. Some very tasty items. We did not order but the big steak on her web site that was $68 it is now $74. What??
    I know that many items are a matter of taste, but when you order a filet medium rare, it should come out med rare on your plate. Not rare! It was not oozing blood but it was a cold purple dark red.
    Saw the server speaking with the manager, while the manager did introduced himself at the beginning, he DID NOT tell us of the mixup and the comp of 1 desert. The server had to do this. Another ,,WHAT!
    Maybe Giada should stay on the property longer so things will be to her liking, and especially for the patrons. Guess not. About $270 for 3 of us. Another WHAT!I Will not return.
    The price is not necessarily what you get in quantity or quality. Certainly not the experience ( OURS, we paid for it).

8. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot about border Grill.
    At their request, I took 5 clients there last year and everyone was disappointed.
    Another vote for Sensi but I guess it does not matter as it is now closed.

9. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mesa Grill... after my first time there, where I had what might have been the best burger of my life, I should have known you can't walk in the same river twice.

Two subsequent trips were less than stellar, with a medium well burger (which I had ordered rare)... no, I'll skip the details. Suffice it to say, I wont be back.

10. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this as well! Went for the first and last time last month!

11. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't consider myself a foodie or a picky eater. Top 2 for me that were a let down:

Holstein's -- I thought a foo foo burger with a specialty bun, expensive beef and a chef prepared topping would knock my sock's off. It was just ok. not bad but not worth what they charge. I would much rather had a burger from a mom and pop burger joint I got growing up in San Antonio - called Ringo's.

Nine Fine Irishmen -- we ate there about 6 pm and at 1 am - it was revenge of the Nine Fine Irishmen. We got onion rings for an appetizer and I got some kind of pot pie for dinner - waitress recommended. The crust on the pie was great - filling blahh. Onion rings were super greasy and tasted like old grease (you think that would have stopped me) The countless Margaritas and yard long frozen slushy drink in the adult size sippy cup I had earlier told me to eat -- I woke up from my sleep at 1 am. Trying to be lady like here - we refer to it as the Turkey trots in the Hill Country. I was literally in the bathroom sitting on the toilet for 4 hours. It wasn't food poisoning just nasty old grease intolerance. My husband ate something different for an entree but we did share the onion rings and he had the trots at about 6 am but only lasted 30 minutes as opposed to my 4 hour ordeal. I chalk that up to MRE Marine Corps Iron gut.

12. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Le Thai on my last trip. I expected something great but it was okay, average at best. The reviews warned of how hot their food could be. I am not a spicy fanatic and I thought hot was mild at best. Taste-wise it was average.

13. franco802

franco802 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just removed 9 fine Irishmen from my to do list lol.

14. flailing

flailing Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any steakhouse, I don't think I have ever had great food at a steakhouse with one exception and that includes both in and outside LV.

Ate at Delmonico's and was disappointed. The fries were good though.

The Palm was good in the downtown L.A. location but not great. Have eaten here a few times and would go back.

The sole exception to this is Fleming's which isn't on the strip and it wasn't their steak. Their Prime burgers are great and a tremendous value during happy hour. I used to hate coming here but changed my mind after having the burger.

I had two inches of Carnevino's 1 year aged Riserva steak. It was good but the pasta dish was just as tasty and 1/5 the price. The most expensive meal, food only, I ever ordered by myself. I don't know if Robuchon would take a reservation for a single so it would be hard to top. I guess I could order caviar someplace.

I want to try Cut as that seems to be highly thought of by many but, obviously, not everybody.

There are more average steak houses that charge a huge premium but will just keep this to outlets with a LV location. Generally speaking, steakhouses are a poor value. I think this plays into expectation we have for the food considering the price of meat currently.

I liked Grimaldi's as it wasn't the typical NY thin slice. My preferences are more aligned with Chicago deep dish.

One last place that disapointed me was the old Imperial Palace buffet. Despite going in with exceptionally low expectations, I was repeatedly surprised how bad it was. It's good to go to L.V. without being on a tight budget anymore.

15. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sucks for you. Guess steak isn't your thing.

16. weekapaug74

weekapaug74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be fair, all $50million of the reported debt is from his UK companies.

17. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PBR Rock Bar and Grill inside Planet Holywood/Miracl mile shops. I always walked past it over the years. I always saw the bull riding and stuff going on so always figured that their food had to be the bomb to attract crazy crowds. I was wrong. I'm not a foodie at all but i am a Burger connoisseur! !!! I know a good burger after one bite. That burger wasn't much better than a burger you get at mcdonalds. Maybe i just hyped it and had too high expectations. ...

18. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nooooo !!! I've been want8ng to try that Rio seafood buffet for years. I hope you're kidding and it's actually good lok

19. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too will be trying the RIO seafood buffet...hoping it is good.
    I've never been to Vegas so I can't comment on their restaurants but I did go to a NY pizza place in Little Italy. It was picked by my brother. It was, by far, the absolute worse pizza I've ever eaten in my life. The crust was super thin and had the taste of Civil War hard tack. very little sauce, bland cheese and meats topping sliced so thin you could read a news paper thru it. For a 11" round pizza (with meat toppings-2) and a 12 oz soda it was $15. Needless to say, I've sort of had a laugh with my brother over his dining place choices.

20. CRG7

CRG7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stopped in here a few nights ago for a quick drink/appetizer trip. It looked like a great place prior to my visit. We were seated outside, where some awful music was being played. Ordered a drink that was to have a favorite rum of mine in it, as well as others. If they remembered to put the alcohol in, it wasn't much. I didn't taste the rum at all, and really should have been able to detect at least a hint of it. Opted to just order some fries, which were akin to those at Burger King but a little on the lukewarm side. Someone I was with ordered some kind of fries with toppings and another ordered wings - both said it was awful. The inside, from what I saw on a quick walkthrough, seemed to be playing a better selection of music but didn't appear to be what I expected. Also, our waitress up and disappeared for a long time at some point (maybe break time?). Spent almost an hour there overall, which is an absurdly long time for some quick finger foods.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.