1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Picture Posting - Tapatalk or Photobucket

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Riders, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been playing with a number of ways to quickly post pictures for a live TR but struggling with just posting through Tapatalk versus using Photobucket. Tapatalk without PB is pretty straightforward but I like having the pictures in my Photobucket account.

However, I can't figure out how to take a picture from my Photobucket app and post it in an existing thread.

I am using an android phone and would appreciate any advice on using the Photobucket App to post pictures through Tapatalk.

Thanks

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The photobucket app should give you a URL to paste into your TR for the photo. Usually they'll have a small, medium and large version.

I've been experimenting with Tapatalk and its really easy to post photos. It seems that if you choose to post via Tapatalk (vs via the board) using the tapatalk app, it posts full size images. If you choose to post via the board, it puts in the thumbnail size with the hover for the full size version. I have not yet tried to use PB to post via TT.

3. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Speaking from using an iPhone.... Not sure if this helps.
    I take pics on my phone, then ensure they are loaded into PB. When posting on the tapatalk thread there is an icon button that looks like a mountain with a square, possibly it looks like a chart. If I click on that,my photos from photobucket are displayed and I can choose one or more to insert, just click on the picture. For me the key was finding that button on tapatalk while posting....not sure if this helps on android!
    Good luck!

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an I-phone 4s. I take a picture. I can edit my photo. I choose to crop my photo. I have the options shown when I click "aspect" after cropping photos stored on my phone. They are:

Original
    3x2
    3x5
    4x3
    4x6
    5x7
    8x10
    16x9

I do not know what the original size in my phone is but when I post they are the ginormous size. Just wondered if choosing another size would it effect the size posted? Comments? (work does not allow me to experiment at the moment....)(damn work)

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted a pic in the test thread the other day from my phone's camera roll (iPhone 5s) and it showed up as the thumbnail. I was using the TapaTalk app

6. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Post from PB link. Had to copy link and paste. When I try to share from PB using the Tapatalk app, I can only post in a new thread and can not add to an existing one. Wierd.

[​IMG]

7. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Post from Tapatalk directly from camera. Going to try one more using a saved image from the phone.

[​IMG]

8. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From phone gallery of images. This is probably the fastest but doesn't link to PB as I was hoping. I'll keep playing with it.

Thanks for ask the help and suggestions.

[​IMG]

9. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be curious how these appear to others as they were basically the same image just posted 3 different ways.

10. oldcrabtom

oldcrabtom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are all full screen views for me..........

11. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep all three the same.

12. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know how to use the picture icon to insert more than one picture at a time? Or how to insert multiple pictures at one time through Tapatalk?

I am really trying to figure out the best way to do a real-time trip report but looking like it isn't as easy as I hoped.

13. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found if I space (return key) between pics, they post large. If I don't they post as thumbnail pics.

14. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess that really didn't answer your question, I don't think you can do more than one at a time.

15. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any info is helpful. I will keep looking. Thanks

16. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too have an iPhone 4S. I think I just figured it out.
    Go in the tapatalk app.
    click on "write a reply"
    hit the circled plus sign on the left.
    click the second icon on the bottom, its square and looks like it has a mountain and sun
    click on camera roll (this should display the thumbnails of your photos in PB)
    click on all photo's you want to include, after each one you click, it will load it as an attachment to your post.
    Done~

Does this work for you?

17. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On face book you can click on multiple pics, then hit done. And they all load. On tapatalk when I tap a pic the pic loads and the camera roll goes away.

I believe the OP want them to load like Facebook.

18. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, gotcha....my roll does go away too, though the download time seems to be a fraction of what Facebook loads at. Would love to hear if there's a quicker or better way~

19. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks VegasChic but as LVHooked noted I am trying to get multiple pictures uploaded at once.

It appears to be a limitation with Tapatalk. It doesn't work with the camera roll on iPhone or gallery with android (which is what I am using). I have posted on the Tapatalk forums to see if I am missing something or maybe get it added.

The other issue I have with android phone is that when I view pictures in the gallery and find one I want to post, I get the option to share with Tapatalk but it will only let me post to a new topic and not to an existing one. Do iPhone users have the same issue when you start in your camera roll?

20. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Riders...check out the pinned topic at the top of the forum...I was having issues with it the other day.

I have an iPhone 5s and when I did a test a couple days ago it posted a thumbnail pic. Then yesterday I got a weird message about allowing access and since then it has been all large ones. Sonya tried to reset the plugin but it still does it

I will try to post multiples now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.