1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Free room at Caesar's Gift Certificates?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by pphold, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got some free room Gift Certificates to Caesar's palace this week??? anyone else get these? Like I need more free rooms. Oh I just notice that I can give them away and someones else can use them????

OK this is something new. anyone else get these???

I think i would rather have Free play than more free rooms.

2. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, I got two of them yesterday. They're gifts to give to friends.

3. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I got them too, but mine are out of PH....maybe because it's considered my home property. They are meant only for family and friends as far as I can tell, good deal for them~

4. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are these room gift cards eligible for weekends? Interesting never heard of these

5. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The ones I got from PH are for 2 nights Sunday-Thursday. Advance booking needed. need to pay resort fee, and 72 hour cancellation needed to avoid a $50 penalty. Good til Dec 31st.

I received two vouchers as listed above. the voucher has my name and Info on it, and the person using must have a TR account. Bet it's good for you if you give them to a friend who spends a lot.

6. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have gotten these several times. I usually just post on Facebook first come first served. They are interesting in that I don't even have to be in town for the friend to use them.

7. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That got me interested too. This would help a lot for friends and family

8. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Mine are for PH as well

9. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can I please be someone's friend or family?

10. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine are for CP and say valid through December 25, 2014.

11. wlt

wlt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine are for Paris, my home base. I have gotten these before and given them to daughter and a friend, they had no problem using them. Only good Sun-Thurs, and you do pay resort fee.

12. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine are for Planet Hollywood this time and up to December 25th. Every other time they were for the Flamingo. I gave both to some friends who went with us in April and they used them both at the Flamingo no problem.

13. Aaron5

Aaron5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get them 2 times per year for PHo. Mine are good anytime, but the weekends book up fast. Make sure the person booking has the certificate when checking in or they will charge for the room.

14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They want us to get more people into Vegas. Smart marketing. It might say friends and family, but everybody/anybody/anywhere can be your "friend".

15. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for this thread. I've been getting 2 times two midweek days for Flamingo, I think the third time just last week. I was wondering if anyone got ones good over weekends, as the people I offered 'em to were more often there on weekends. Maybe I'll shift more play to PH and see if it makes a difference.

16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Understand what they are doing here. Giving away rooms that are going to be empty is a reasonable business gamble. Giving away rooms that they can sell at $100 or more on a weekend is not such a good business idea. Giving them to people that are going to be there no matter what is a poor business decision.

17. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We get them for Paris every year. Not new, but they're nice to have for friends.

18. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am trying to understand what they are doing. However, rather than if it is a good business gamble/idea/decision, I'm trying to understand the metric for the differences in offers. From the information so far in this thread, I can see variances in the PH offer, in that they extend past December 25th (my offers do not), and that they will sometimes include weekends, as per Aaron5 (no other poster indicates this). Perhaps a certain level of play would lead the great comp computer in the sky to assume comping your friends and family would result in a net gain over the $100 or more on weekends you value these rooms at.

Thanks to anyone who responds with their offer information and limitations. I know a few folks who'd like some comp weekends, and if I could shade play over to PH to get that, I would.

19. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correction....mine is actually Dec 25th, not beyond. And although it is PH, mine is only mid-week stating Sunday through Thursday.

20. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My son received some in the mail and I'll use two nights for the PH if I get to go to Vegas at all. Family issues have the trip up in the air, but I'm planning just the same.
    They don't lose much on these weeknight offers if they book rooms that would otherwise be empty because they get the $25 resort fee. I hesitated to use them because I suspect when I don't gamble there, it will reflect badly on his scores for future offers.
    He doesn't really care.
    He goes so seldom now with the three kids, and he only plays live poker, so if he goes alone, MGM is his pick.
    I'll swap out for one free and one paid Four Queens nights and so protect my bankroll from having to cover such a long Four Queens stay and offset $28 of the $50 resort fee with the 4 Q savings while having some rather rare strip time. With MyVegas I'll have 5 nights in a row on the strip this next trip for the price of resort fees.
    Very unusual for this frugal traveler.
    I like the buffet at PH, and I'll go at least once, and perhaps there will be some shows for me to tap in that area. Certainly I'll hit the comedy at Bally's. I won't go to the PH SinCity comedy unless it is somehow free with no drink requirement; it is my least favorite venue.
    I also like the 202 ride to Eastside Cannery for the late night Latin show on Monday. I like that 202 ride after midnight better than the Boulder Highway bus ride to downtown. Better neighborhoods along Flamingo than along Boulder.
    I'll check and see if Caesar's poker room is attracting any limit players yet and still has the low rake it started with after renovation.
    I booked the nights with just a photo of the certificate sent by my son. He lives in Chicago and we'll be up visiting him in a couple weeks, so I'll get the real thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.