1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA R/T from Dallas from May 14 to Aug 14

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bubbakitty, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked October travel during a promo (I guess) from Dallas once the Wright Amendment is defunct. Non-stop and it was 11460 points with 5.00 $ for the boys in security.

I looked just now to clarify when I arrive as my countdown timer is off as to hour of arrival and now it is 30605 points with a hefty 11.20 $ for the peace of mind provided by TSA.

Now yes, my points are tied up from May to October but this seems a bit harsh (3x the original offering).

I feel good already.

2. PerryP

PerryP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm flying from Dallas too in October after the Wright Amendment. I should've booked back in June when the flight was cheaper. I ended up booking early August and is costing me $50 more. I did cash out my points for 1 leg of the flight so it was not too expensive. I also found out the the TSA raised the fees too effective August 1st I believe. Not too happy about it. But at least I'll be heading to Vegas soon.

3. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the opposite thing happen for my trip next month. When I first booked it was 28,000 points per ticket. I check the site daily and have rebooked the tickets 3 times, final cost was just under 12,000 per ticket. The 11.20 per ticket is out of southwest's hands, so if you booked after a certain date that fee went up from the $5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.