1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booked Caesars for Sept 21-27 and getting nervous

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Jedidumbass, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedidumbass

Jedidumbass Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This will be my second trip to Vegas, my husband's first. We're set to land on Sunday the 21st at 10:30 AM and on the reservation I had originally put a noon arrival time, figuring we could try to check in early and just drop our bags with the valet until the room was ready. Booked a Palace Deluxe King back in January when they were running sales on the rooms. For several days I kept plugging our dates into the system along with my TR# and got varying prices, usually just under $900 for the week (before tax and fees). A few times it went to under $700 and that is what I booked at. I couldn't believe the amazing deal I got on the room and have continued to check room prices over the months because I'm an obsessive planner like that. :rolleyes2: Prices are much higher now.

Anyway, I'm so excited for this trip, it's our 25th anniversary and I want it to be awesome and now the doubt starts creeping in. I see trip reports of Caesars being overbooked and people being walked to Paris. My first trip was with my sister and Mom three years ago and we had booked an Augustus room but they moved us to Palace. Palace was beautiful, but we paid more for Augustus and had researched a lot before picking it. We were shocked to learn they could do that. That was on a Sunday in late February and it seemed kind of a quiet time. Everyone always said to book the room level you want so you don't get disappointed when you don't get upgraded but I had never heard to be prepared to be downgraded. (I don't consider Palace a downgrade from Augustus exactly, just an inconvenience on that trip because of location) Being moved from Augustus to Palace wasn't bad but if they try and move us to Roman or Forum on this trip, I will be very upset.

So, should I be worried we wont get the room we actually booked this time? Especially considering we paid less than even the Roman tower is going for now? I don't know if that would factor into it considering we paid a lot more last time and still got moved, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to these things. Anyone with any inside information or insight as to how they make the decision who gets moved to other hotels and who gets moved to other towers when needed? Is this week in September going to be busy? I used to have a link to check conventions but lost it along the way. Does arriving early hurt or help us? Anything else we should know about checking in early or Vegas in September?

Thanks in advance!

2. Tank45

Tank45 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going at a different time, but would like similar information, thanks for starting the thread!

Yearly "work trip"
  3. DrLect

DrLect Winning!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checking in on a Sunday should be in your favor. If you are willing to wait for your room assignment, you may be able to tell the desk clerk that you will wait until the room you booked (or better) becomes available. In the meantime, check your bags with the bellman and enjoy the property until its time to check back with the hotel desk. If you pack swimwear in your carry-on luggage you should be able to enjoy the pool while you wait.

We are flying out about 24 hours prior to your arrival.

Have fun and Happy Anniversary!

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been downgraded at Caesars; they've always upgraded. I wouldn't expect you'd be downgraded but on the off chance that occurred, don't accept a downgrade...ask for Cromwell.

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arriving on a Sunday makes your odds of getting what you reserved or even an upgrade higher. September is a slower month than some so you may want to use the $20 trick to see if you can get real lucky. Happy Anniversary - hope you and your LV "virgin" hubby have a great time!!

6. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is always a chance of getting "walked" but I think for the most part it's pretty rare. With that being said, there are a number of conventions going on during that time frame including the Mr. Olympia convention with 30,000 attendees. I wouldn't worry about it too much though, I've stayed at Caesars many, many times and have never been walked or downgraded. Checking in early may help you out but you might also want to call the hotel and have them make a note on your reservation that it's your 25th anniversary. (happy anniversary!!)

7. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There a couple good size conventions that end as your arrive so you should be just find for a Sunday check-in and you should get your requested room. Enjoy your anniversary week in Vegas!

FYI - You might be running into some very muscular menu with tattoos.
    09/18/2014 - 09/21/2014 - 2014 Mr. Olympia Las Vegas Convention Center - 30,000 Attendees Expected
    09/19/2014 - 09/21/2014 - Biggest Tattoo Show on Earth 2014 Las Vegas Convention Center - 18,000 Attendees Expected

8. Ringo16

Ringo16 Tourist

There should not be anything happening that week, so rooms should not be sold out, especially during the weekdays.
    I'd highly recommend the $20 trick and just see what comes out of it (saying its your 25th anniversary really helps too :thumbsup:)
    Have fun!

9. Jake&Avery

Jake&Avery Planning my next vacation!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My DH and I are checking in to Bally's the day after you leave!! I've always heard that if you're not headed to Vegas to party hard, then the best day of the week is Sunday!! Which is why we always check in on Sunday!!

We'll be celebrating our 21st anniversary so I'm hoping that we can get a $20 upgrade to the newly renovated Jubilee tower, but if not, then I'm ok with it b/c I'm only paying $40 for 4 nights!! I also did what you did and booked and re-booked our hotel (same dates) 5 times!! It started off at just under $100/night, and each time I checked, my rates kept going down until this last time when I had Sunday/Monday as COMP and then Tues/Wed at $20 each!

SWEET!

Bring on Vegas!

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're not going to get walked from Caesars on a Sunday. You might have to wait a little bit for a Palace Tower room to be ready, but I doubt it.

That said, you should always have a plan B and C.

Plan B is you ask them to put you in Augustus.

Plan C is they put you in Forum and you go back Monday morning and ask them to put you in Palace (or Augustus, for your trouble).

11. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sleep easy. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

12. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's really rare... if anything they should upgrade you if they over booked, and they'd have to probably comp you feverishly for ruining your trip, they don't want that to happen I'm sure.. Don't worry!! If anything as people mentioned your room may not be ready at noon, and you will have to just check your bags and hang out. I'd say 75% of the time at every hotel they just allow me to check in, if not they check me in, take my bags and call me when my room is ready.

I'm going 25-28th (not Caesars) and there is tons of stuff going on it's REALLY jacked up rates everywhere. But since you are coming early in the week I don't see an issue.

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are you reading all these threads about people being "walked". That is really rare.

As said, with a Sunday arrival, you will be fine. I will tell you that the noon checkin request really does not mean much. If they have rooms, they will give you one. If they don't, they will later. Sunday turnover is always an issue because they are so busy on Saturday night. I will bet some big bucks you will get the room you booked.

14. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they are overbooked, they have run out of rooms. What can they upgrade you to?

You get $150 resort credit at Paris and a nice room there if you have to be walked. You're not going to be walked on a Sunday lunchtime, they have far more checkouts than checkins then.

All hotels, like airlines, overbook and hope for no-shows to cover the shortfall of rooms. In the last year my GF (she works at CP) has had to walk people 3 times so don't let anyone tell you scare stories :)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  15. buddhaluv

buddhaluv Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of years ago booked comped room for Forum tower nothing fancy, tried to check in at noon, guy told me no couldn't check in until 4:00, not a problem leave bags and go eat, come back at 2:00 check out lines this time and get the same idiot, informed they are over booked and end up in a room a smoking crappy tower room was disgusting. Never again, had a room at Ballys Jubilee last week and it was 100 times better than ceasars and never thought I would say this I would choose Bally's over Ceasars on a comped room.

16. Skyler

Skyler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the person you were talking about being sent to Paris instead. The thing is, they got an email about it before they even left home. I don't think you'll have a problem at all. I know what it's like when you've planned a trip and want everything to be just perfect. One time at Caesars I was booked in Augustus with a King preference. The front desk lady tried to give me two queens. I was very nice, but I asked her to please check again. We really want Augustus and need a King. After checking again, she came up with one. I think sometimes if they are oversold on a room category, they try to put you in a room type they have more availability just to spread things out some. If you let them know nicely that you won't take kindly to settling on what they're offering they may be able to give you what you booked.

Like others have said, I don't think you'll have a problem. If I remember correctly when this happened to me we were checking in on a thurs or fri night around Valentine's day so occupancy was probably much higher.

17. Jedidumbass

Jedidumbass Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, everyone! I feel better now hearing all of your input.

I will definitely have a plan B and C just in case. Hopefully they will let us check in early even if a room isn't available yet. It would be much more convenient to just drop our bags and go without having to worry about coming back to long check in lines later. I don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel where checking in early was a problem- we just had to wait for a text if the room wasn't clean yet. Guess things are different in Vegas?

18. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year I reserved octavius on purpose and paid $20 more per night. They tried giving me an Augustus room (they didn't say anything just said here is your room). I saw it was Augustus and explained that I reserved octavius, a supervisor had to come over and typed a lot on the computer and I got my octavius room. Don't just accept being downgraded.

19. Slotfever

Slotfever Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy 25th! I'll be at Ceasar's that week. Maybe I'll run into you. I'm hoping this is a rare situation, if not I'll take advantage of one of the other hotels that's been marketing me.

20. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was a thread on Trip Advisor about someone being walked during MAGIC. They were emailed in advance and told they were getting a room in Paris partially comped and with reduced rate for the other days so CP was acknowledging the downgrade. When the poster called to see what was up, they were told that they were walking all reservations from certain date and after and they were promised a Red Room for the trouble. It wasn't clear but it seems that they had targeted people with reduced rates through Total Rewards as well. Usually if there is a major case of walking reservations, someone will post about it on TA. This is the first time I can recall it happening with CP and it was the first time I have ever seen it handled with class. Usually you don't find out until you check in and they charge you more for lesser accommodations which aren't always on the strip. I wouldn't stress over it, especially since the reservation was made so long ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.