1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Travelling From the UK

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Shipppp09, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shipppp09

Shipppp09 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Vegas but getting there is an absolute pain coming from the UK. On the previous occasions I've had to stump up a lot of cash for my flights and accommodation. I search the web thoroughly but always seem to pay high prices whenever i travel.

What does everybody else do in getting to Vegas?

In the past I've just gone through travel agents such - Thomas cook, Thomson, virgin so I've rarely had to plan anything but with that comes a high price.

I've recently started looking at other sites such as - Expedia,sky scanner,lowcostusa and these type of websites seem to be cheaper generally but of course aren't as secure as some of the more well established agents.

Typically i don't mind paying slightly more in getting over but i think i may be thinking about planning a stag do in Vegas at some point next summer and i know for a fact some of the lads couldn't afford to pay say £1k for flights/accom for a week and would be looking to get something closer to the £600/700 mark (still with a reasonable strip hotel :rolleyes2: haha )

We have no comps or anything like that, although i do play myvegas, so there is a possibility of free rooms through that.

Thanks in advance :)

2. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think there's any secrets sadly. Direct flights will be more expensive than 1-stopping but will save a load of extra time.

The only thing you might not have tried is to find out which low-cost airlines fly from the east coast and don't appear on Expedia etc.

£700 for flights and hotels (assuming avoiding Fri/Sat nights, and having 2 chaps to a twin room) seems do-able. You could always give people the choice of taking an earlier non-direct flight than arrives at a similar time at the direct flight.

3. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We find Dialaflight very reasonable for packages, but remember to take resort fees into consideration! The salesperson at Dialaflight assured us there wont be any resort fees in addition to our package price, but we have been told this before and you end up paying the fees at the hotel and fighting for a refund when you get back to the UK!

4. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just went with my cousin from CPH >.SFO>BUR cost him like $2000 USD at inflated summer rates, off season should be much cheaper (50%)

the flight we took from BUR to LAS was only $150 each

a good tip would be to check often with the major intl airlines, he price shopped KLM, SAS and Lufthansa for instance
    but a pro tip is to delete your cookies on the web browser so that if you check weekly they don't just keep raising the quote because they see you looking again and again

Luxor and Monte Carlo have very reasonable midweek rates for room, so if you can manage not to stay on a Friday-Saturday you can keep the spending down

5. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Airline prices are so up and down with various airlines, I flew with Delta in May and got a good price with them, when I went to look at them for my October trip it was very expensive, so I have gone back to the direct from Manchester with Thomas Cook for my next trip, it would have been cheaper for me to fly with AA via Chicago but I don't like that route due to previous experience

6. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use Kayak. I set up a flight search and get them to check daily or weekly for the price changes on my specified dates. If you're thinking of going next March/Apr time, there are sub £500 flights MAN-PHL-LAS with a couple of the main US carriers.

Low cost USA and Smarter travel (?) are good for getting the lowest priced rooms on the strip. One of them definitely guarantees that they include resort fees. Can't vouch for them myself, but I have friends who often use them and have always been happy.

For our next trip in Sep we got flights with USAirways for £530 each with one stop, and booked an off strip property through booking.com. I like booking with them because there are no upfront charges and they are often cheaper than booking direct. They also allow you to cancel within 72 hours if you find a better deal.

Hope that helps a bit.

7. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last two trips, I've booked directly with BA and paid £750pp for 5 nights at Monte Carlo and £650pp for 5 nights at Aria. It can be done, but you need to be willing to take a backstep from going in August or July and try going in October-March. These also include resort fees a lot of the time on there, especially if you stay at MGM hotels.

8. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you mean by not as secure? From a transaction point of view? You are covered by Visa / Mastercard if you lose money on ANY website that has an SSL certificate if your money goes missing.

If you mean how safe your booking is, then any ATOL approved supplier means you are covered if they go bust.

9. Jonnyboy987

Jonnyboy987 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im travelling next week, Dub-heathrow-las so two flights each way, and 5 nights in the MGM for 630 ish on expedia. Deals are out there but there is a definite drop off once you go into September.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.