1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help with birthday restaurant for wife.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by JerryVO, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryVO

JerryVO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This will be our 5th trip to Vegas and this time it is for my wife's birthday. I want to take her to a special dinner and am stumped. We have done the high end steak house thing the past few trips and I want to do something different since those were more for me than her. I am thinking French american. I looked at the Eiffel Tower restaurant but have been reading mixed reviews. Mix at MB looks interesting as well but I am open for suggestions.

2. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    B&B has been doing Private dinners on Thursday nights that will blow your mind if her birthday happens to be on a Thursday. We went to the dinner that was called Babbo's 25 anniversary. It was in there private dinning room. Most of the wine served through dinner were 25 years old and all you could drink incuded in the price and tip. You can find out about these special dinners on B&B Ristorante Facebook page or Mario's newsletter. It is limited seating and you pay in advance. But so worth it.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eiffel Tower is great! I mean its not the best meal I've ever had, but the food is good, the view is to die for, the ambiance is romantic. I think you would be happy with that.

I think MIX is closing? Or is about to? It's being turned into something else.

4. iluv2fish

iluv2fish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take a look at Alize at the Palms or Andre's at Monte Carlo. They may be what you are looking for and we have had great meals at both.

5. thebig0

thebig0 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and wife visit 2 times a year from WI, and usually have 2-3 high end meals during the week. We have eaten BD and Anniversary meals at the Eiffel Tower and thoroughly enjoyed each visit. Get there 30 minutes early and have a cocktail at the bar or the long table that looks out over LV Blvd and the Bellagio Fountains. Tables for two line the outside of the restaurant, other tables are on the inside a couple of steps up. We usually have a meal at the Prime Steakhouse as well. We have asked for an outside table twice; received it once. Outside you are right on top of the fountain show. Both places with a couple of drinks each will run $200-$300, but that is why you save up your hard earned dollars and go to Vegas.
    In a couple weeks we are heading out again and will try Gordon Ramsey Steak and Giada's; so much food, but only one stomach. Good luck.

6. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For French American, take a look at Bouchon at the Venetian by Chef Tom Keller of The French Laundry from Napa Valley.
    Absolutely delicious, great wine list, and the bone marrow is to die for.
    http://www.venetian.com/bouchon.html

7. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alize

Alize Seconded.

French food that is very, very good.

Spectacular view.

Just once, you should have dinner at Alize for a sunset dinner. Watching the lights of the Las Vegas strip light up and seeing the entire panorama from south to north is very spectacular.

8. bagpipe1

bagpipe1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i third what BackInVegas stated. For my wife's 40th b-day I made arrangements at Alize for 30 minutes prior to sunset and requested a window seat with a strip view.
    The food was excellent, servings were plentiful and it was magical seeing the sun go down and the lights on the strip come up.

9. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    McDonalds is featuring 2 Big Macs for $4.44. Can't find a deal that good at Eiffel Tower restaurant or Alize.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Help us help you.

Where have you been? Where were you happy (or her happy)? Where not so happy?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.