1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

olivia newton john

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by kitson, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

we originally had decided on sydney after dark, with even my bride reasoning that 9 pert young aussie's would be more entertaining than one old one that we sang along to in junior high. however, sydney after dark is apparently done, sunday the 16th the last night, with no further info coming from the boothling at the ph ticket office.

we are very glad we went, just solid wholesome entertainment, with onj's on stage presence consistent with the niceness of her image.

did a solid 90 minute show, no encore needed, she had done her hits. good back up singers and musicians.

bought our tickets at the half price booth, two for a little under 90 dollars, balcony seats, but as suspected they moved everyone forward, so we sat at a table near the back of the very dated flamingo donny and marie showroom, but that gave me lots of legroom.

we enjoyed the show, even after our initial reluctance to go, we are glad we went.

over the past few years, have gotten to see some of the musical acts we could not afford to see or who did not pass through college towns in montana when we and they were young.

of those, jackson browne and styx have just gotten better, onj was solid, biggest disappointments have been meatloaf and gordon lightfoot.

2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I saw Olivia last month and she was spectacular! Her voice and presence are so amazing that she doesn't need any of that Vegas glitz to draw attention from her shortcomings - because she has none. I had fantastic seats by the stage and met her after the show for an autographed and photo with her. It was a great time and I would highly recommend it to anyone. That is a really fantastic deal you got with the two tickets for $90 and being moved up!!

3. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to ONJ as part of a CET comp/promo, and it was a lot of fun. The night before the show we attended a dinner (with about 500) and Olivia made an appearance after her show ended. She was funny and personable.
    The next night at the show, we were given front row tickets. It was really amazing to think that she was doing this 90 minute show several times a week, she really does have stamina. Now and then she'd have to stop for an extra 15 seconds for water, joking who knew it was so dry in the desert, but I think that should be expected! The show took a journey through the years of her music, playing her most recognizable hits from each. Honestly, I'm only familiar with her movie stuff....Grease, Xanadu, etc. She did put out some albums, with many cover songs & her own I had never heard before. For me the show got a little "slow" for Las Vegas standards when she was singing her favourites like "send in the clowns" etc, I liked the movie stuff, that was upbeat, but not so much the slow stuff, and there was a fair bit of it!
    I'd recommend to anyone wanting to re-live the era, and looking for more of a relaxing night.

4. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedbak on the show for some reason it doesnt get talked about a lot

Im also planning to get a meet and greet ticket
    Did you take the picture with your own camera or was it taken by a pro and they sold it to you afterwards?
    Did you bring a personal item to get autographed or did she have own stack of pictures?

5. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well i just bought the meet and greet ticket

if anyone has more info please share

6. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nevermind she is not performing the weekend I'm there.

7. djkary8

djkary8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey vegasqc, I have been to Olivia's show 6 times since she started her residency, and have done the meet and greet each time. There is a professional photographer that takes your picture, and another as she is signing an autograph for you. The photos are available outside the Diamond Lounge in about 10 minutes after you have met her, and they are $45 each in a binder. They give you a B&W 8x10 for her to sign when you get to the show, but you can bring your own item for her to sign instead, but they limit you to only one item to be signed. The meet and greet goes by REALLY fast.. maybe a few minutes at most with Olivia, as there are usually about 50 or so people each night. I did win an auction for one of her shows I attended, and got to be the last one to meet her and spend about 10 minutes with her and get quiet a few items signed, which was really cool! Her show is awesome so I'm sure you will enjoy it regardless of the quick meet and greet. I'll be seeing it again another 4 or 5 times in November.. can't wait!! :)

8. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info and all the amazing details, looks like you are an ONJ superfan

I will bring my own item to get signed for sure as i want my 8x10 to be a little sexy and from my fave era (Xanadu)

But i have to say its a bit of a rip off to charge 370$ the ticket and an extra 45$ for the picture , thye should charge more and give you the pics for "free"

Does she have a lot of merchandie for sale at the show?

9. djkary8

djkary8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She does have some merchandise for sale outside the showroom or at the Flamingo gift shop... there is a tour book, 3 different t-shirts, a ladies tank top, a couple different baseball caps, a mug, two key chains, two magnets, and they also sale the LivKit, and a few of her CD's (her newest one, "Hotel Sessions", is available there). They may add more or different stuff for the fall/winter run, but that is what is available now.
    As for the pictures, yes, it is a little crazy to charge for them, but you also can just get a little one (I think it's a 4x6) for free instead of paying for the bigger one in the frame.
    Xanadu is my favorite movie/era also... I had her sign many items from that movie and she got a laugh out of it.

10. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas.com tickets include the meet and greet, photo and autograph for $370

http://www.vegas.com/mytrip/app/Qty/4243/20141008-1930?chgStartDate=20141007&chgEndDate=20141107&monthly=1

11. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the info DJkary8, cant wait now if only she could add Twist of fate to her set list iw would be a perfect evening

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.