1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Corner Suite Upgrade

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Solymar, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solymar

Solymar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the standard deluxe room reserved for our upcoming trip in October, Wednesday to Sunday. I received an email today offering an upgrade to a corner suite for an extra $75 per night. I have been contemplating for a while changing my reservation to one of these suites.

My questions is, do you think the corner suite is a worthwhile upgrade at this cost? I have read that some people have recieved offers of $50 per night at the time of check in. I'm not sure if I should grab this deal now, or wait until we arrive to try and get the $50 offer.

Do you think this suite is worth it for any cost for 2 people?

Thanks all!

2. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    while the view would certainly be better, I don't think it would be worth $75 per night better. Maybe like $35 a night, at most to me.

3. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do think it would be worth it. Im not sure how many nights you are staying but if it's three for example that's only $225 more. The bathroom in the corner sweet is worth that to me! I would recommend going for it now.

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See if they can get you an upgrade to a room at the Bellagio or something. THAT'D be worth it.

(Screw the Aria, BTW. :headbang:)

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always think an upgrade to a nicer room for a reasonable fee is "worth it"... live it up, you're going to Las Vegas! Is $75 reasonable? Ask 100 people and you'll get a 100 answers here... It's worth it at $35, but $35.50 no way... then you'll get the Aria haters... then you'll get the folks who pride themselves on spending less than 5 minutes in the room, cause if you're in the room "you're missing Vegas" and don't forget there'll usually be someone who'll randomly chime-in about being opposed to taxi-cab long-hauling, but loves In & Out burgers!!!

I'm a fan of corner suites in general, quieter and I prefer the extra bank of windows to another neighbor. :peace:

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't really say I'm a fan of the corner suites. I've had the same layout the two times I've stayed in one - very small living room with a great big pole in the middle of the it. It looked nothing like the pictures on the web-site. As far as the view, well my first corner suite was on the 4th floor - so the view was of rooftops. I personally wouldn't pay $75 extra for one. But then I also don't get orgasmic about having a large bathroom, as I know other people do. I just don't spend all that much time in there (at least on a good trip :)).

What is nice about them: They have a fridge - which is always nice. If you keep different hours than your travel partner, it's nice to have the extra space if one of you is an early riser, etc.

IMHO

7. mephisto2000

mephisto2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the regular corner suite does not have the pole and the corner suite with the pole in the middle is the Panoramic Corner Suite.

8. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

Agree with the above.

Worth it IMO. The additional half-bath, the fridge, living area and nightly turndown service are reasons enough. I'm with Smartone's comments.

9. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Judging by my experience in a deluxe room I would pay it...

They put me on the 1st floor (1st floor of rooms, so 3rd floor), my cool electronic stuff was missing... It didn't seem that special. It's a 5 star hotel, but that was not a 5 star room (didn't feel as nice, as big or have as many amenities as the rooms I've had at Venetian, Palazzo, Trump, Vdara..). I took a video you can see it here

[youtube]szE3R6BNjQo[/youtube]

But I feel like a strip view, or a suite would be much better. I did LOVE staying at Aria, it's a great place to be, but the room was just normal... Next time I stay there again I would make certain I get a better room.

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $75 a night is a fair price considering that you have a Friday and Saturday in there. Go to Aria's website and see what the difference in price is between a regular room and a Corner Suite for your dates. That might help you make up your mind.

I've stayed in Corner Suites a couple of times, both times with the "non-pole" layout, and loved it.

11. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I will be staying in a corner suite using an offer in October. I'm going to try for a paid upgrade to a Sky Suite - but if none are available - what style doesn't have the pole in the middle of the living room. It's very confusing because they have this picture next to the booking for a panoramic suite, so that's what I asked for last time - but that's not what I got. Does anyone know which room this this picture is - because this is what I would want if I can't get the Sky Suite.

small-ARI00086-Corner-Suite-Panoramic.jpg

12. Solymar

Solymar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I ended up calling the Aria to see what they can do for me. They ended up giving me the Wed and Thurs for an additional $50 each, and the Fri, Sat for $75. I thought that was pretty fair! The only thing they couldn't tell me is what floor I would be on. I guess I could request a high floor at check in. I'm super excited! Never styled in a suite in Vegas before!

13. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If room77.com's map is right, Rooms ending in 118 and 042 on the Strip side, and 246 and 304 on the Mountain side. I've stayed in 118 a couple of times, so I know that one is accurate, and the other 3 numbers look like they have the same layout.

And also room number 137 which is only on floors 25 - 54, I don't know if those are exclusively Sky Suites or not.

At the Invited Guest check in, they have a binder with the floor plans, so if you're checking in there, they should know which room has which layout. I imagine they have one of those binders kicking around the main front desk also.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.