1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Free play? Experience/pain?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by scc31, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Has anyone redeemed $25-$50 free play on MyVegas?

My question is that it looks like a pain. Do they just give you a mLife card and you use it for slots or can you use it for like table games too? granted $25 is like one hand on tables. hah!

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is for slot play only ("FREEPLAY" is MGM's term for free slot play, plus it actually says "for use in participating slot machines")

You will need an MLife card.

When they load the free slot play up on your MLife card they will explain how to use it and give you a little business card sized instruction card to walk you through how to activate it (it is very simple to use).

You don't have to use it all at once - if you buy the $25 package you can use it all at once or use it like $10 on one machine and $15 on another, etc

3. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from LV, where the wife and I both redeemed $50 free plays Monte Carlo.
    The process went smooth (or as smooth as can be expected with redeeming multiple myVegas rewards).

Here are the specifics:
    Stayed at Monte Carlo Tue-Sat using myVegas free nights.
    1st obstacle: Four individual reservations needed booked as back to back reservations
    2nd obstacle: Alternated reservations between me and wife (both names have to be on the room to redeem both free plays).

Teresa at check in did a great job of making sure the above items were done properly to redeem the free play, it took a few minutes
    extra, which she apologized for. I saw no need for the apology, as I created the extra work...she was professional and friendly.

Redemtion of free play at the mLife both went flawless, asked if we had checked in and how long we were staying ( I am sure they have
    a way to verify this, and did not just take my work for it).

Headed to the 25 cent wheel of fortune machines (my wife's favorite)... after exhausting the free play, I was up $25 and wife was up $50.
    bruce
    ps can not answer if it can be used at table games, as the wife is strictly a slot player and the free play (for myself) allowed a chance to bond.
    I am sure others will post less smooth transactions, as there is already one person who was only allowed to use one free play per room at Aria,
    but for the wife and I it could not have been any easier to redeem and use.

4. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Another question, is there a verified amount of how much you have to play until you can cash out? Say, play $50 worth of hands before you can cash out so they don't lose $25 like that?

Thanks!

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to play it through one time and then you can cash out whatever is left.

So if you have $50 and are at a slot machine that plays at $1 per spin then you have to play 50 spins... after that whatever is left is yours.

6. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Thanks! Make sense.

7. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless I'm missing something the free play only comes in $10 increments now.

8. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure what you're talking about with $10 increments. Still see $10 and $25 at most properties and $50 at some. It does look like they've upped the LP cost for $25 and $50, though. Glad I already had my $50 at aria bought.

9. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the issue-they upped the LP cost and I caught it during the change. When I checked this morning it must have been inbetween the time they took down the old LP price and put up the new ones. At that time there were only $10 rewards. Now I see the $25 and $50 rewards with the new LP prices. The games just keep getting better and better.

10. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No idea how you guys ever get a $50 free play. I've been trying or weeks!

11. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Try playing for months :) It's about playing smart too... MyVegas is pretty frustrating at times...

12. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $50 Freeplays were always expensive, now they are insanely overpriced.

13. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To put it in context for the newest of players, just over a month ago I cashed in 99k LPs for a $130/night stay at Aria. A few short weeks later it costs 150k LPs for $50 of free play. And in a few more weeks...months...next year? How many will still bother to play, free games or not?

14. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're pricey now, but I don't think anyone expected the free suites and rooms to continue to be around forever, especially with a lot of players having a whole lotta points.

Plus the freeplay is the closest thing to pure cash in myvegas-land. Myvegas/MGM probably had to convince someone on the gaming board to let that happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.