1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Walking Trop Orleans East One Mile ?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Camp Rusty, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heynow Gamblers.....

We are staying in a condo one mile west of the Orleans next month.......I enjoy walking so that seems like just the right distance between beers. Any thoughts on the neighborhood, should I avoid walking after dark for any reason ? Looks OK on the satellite :) :) :)

2. callahanha

callahanha Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stay at the Orleans several times a year and often walk a mile or 2 on Tropicana (west) and back with no issues. There is very little foot traffic along the way. I am usually alone when I go for my walks and I've walked it around 9pm when it was just starting to get dark and was not afraid of getting in any trouble

3. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    callahanha thank you........

We have stayed at the Orleans a few times and did a quick drive up the Walgreens and Qdoba, seemed like a totally mellow boulevard. I suspect we'll walk to the Orleans and cab back to the condo.

I will probably head out early some morning and walk condo to Orleans, Orleans to Palms, over to Gold Coast....then think about a taxi back. The wife says I'm crazy, but to me it's just a really long walk.

I'll need coffee.....:thumbsup:

4. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends, if you are young and a walker, you should be fine. It is uphill walking back from the Orleans, and it is a higher altitude than my wife is used to. So when we did it, she had a little problem.

Stop at Magoo's if you can! A great dive Bar.

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.