1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question on Giada's luch menu

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LV_Bound, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Lunch menu is listed here

Can anyone confirm if this is the complete menu or only a subset?

2. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When does lunch service start again?

3. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This looks like the full menu. I have not been for lunch, but it's on the official website and it looks like they had a hard time fitting it all on one page, so should be complete. There's actually something about the look of the menu that bothers me. I think it's the few dishes with the little captions on the wrong side throwing off the whole thing. They should just serve the entire antipasti menu they do at dinner so they can get rid of the antipasti section of this menu and make lunch a two-page menu. It will spread the menu out a bit and look less cluttered.

The lemon pesto grilled cheese with prosciutto and the Baked Pasta sound great!

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The menu looks fine on my screen. It's two pages.

5. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The second page is just the drink menu. The 1st page contains all the food items and it seems overly cluttered to me. Not sure why it hurts my brain, but it does. I guess I'm a little bit sensitive when it comes to formatting!

6. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. Ridiculously cluttered. And the font is kinda cartoonish.

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, did we get off track and make this thread about the menu font.

We have lunch reservations and thinking of switching to dinner because the lunch menu appears to be limited.
    Now if the lunch menu is just a partial showing of a full menu (which some places do) then we will stick with lunch.
    But if it is the full menu then we may switch to dinner.

I checked the smileys but couldn't find the one with the virtual slap to the head to keep the threat on track.
    It maybe best for me to simply call and ask them directly. While I am at it I will tell them about the font. :wink2:

8. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if you can get in for lunch without a reservation? I am sure it varies based on day of the week and time of day but I am just not sure how busy this place is.

9. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't speak too specifically to lunch because that option just started, but the buzz about the place is unreal. We made our reservations for dinner about 3 weeks in advance and were in town for 6 nights, but still only had 10pm or later as options on any of those nights.

When we arrived we were about 5 minutes early and had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated and saw about a half dozen groups of people try to walk in, only to be turned away and told they were booked till closing. We asked the waiter about some of this and he said they were taking 400 reservations a day, and I think he said this left about 50 unbooked parties, but I got the impression the bulk of that was left for VIPs and high rollers who had connections to get in on a short notice.

Maybe if you're going soon you can walk up for lunch, but I'm imagining once the word gets around that it's open earlier it will be increasingly harder.

One thing that was noticeable was that people were in no hurry to leave once they made it through the doors. It was almost as if everyone was soaking in the experience. We were there till closing and it was amazing how little turnover we saw.

10. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was using the font/format to deduce that, because it looks like they were trying to shove it all onto the page, that that should be the full menu! I'll call that on-topic! :angel:

It does look a little bit limited. I would have thought they would have included more pasta choices. But maybe their pasta makers don't start until dinner service prep, so it's logistically difficult.

I really doubt that is a partial menu online. It looks like the PDF file from which they print their menus directly.

11. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Called and was told that the Lunch menu on their web site is not the complete menu.

12. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aha! Thanks for finding out from the source. I was trying to extrapolate the answer through menu formatting. Now I wonder what else is on the menu. Can't really see much more to add for lunch besides some pasta. And maybe a couple brunch items.

13. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, this post from Eater suggests it's the entire lunch menu. They usually do a good job researching, and they would have mentioned if they just copied it straight off the PDF available at the Cromwell website.

Eater LV - Revealing the Entire Lunch Menu from Giada De Laurentiis

It does make sense, as it would be weird to include a PDF lunch menu that doesn't include the full menu. Unless there are daily specials that are communicated to you by the waiter once you are seated.

14. Jamingrs

Jamingrs Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ooh, I think we will eat a late lunch here before our Rod Stewart concert! Does anyone know is Giada is ever in house during lunch hours? My husband would looove to meet her!

15. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    update still not on the free cet free diamond dinner list as of the weekend

16. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if they have a bar you can eat at? I will be there solo the first day of my trip and would like to try to eat at the bar if they have one.

17. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Yes, there is a bar area to dine.

18. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $25 pasta. YESSSSSS!!!!!

19. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got really lucky, I had a 5:15 reservation Monday, I made it about 10 days before. A week before that I could only get a 10 pm, so keep trying, as i was going for a lunch when I snagged that. My sister and I thought it was great.

20. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i was told she it there 4 nights a week, and we saw her when we were leaving. She was with staff so we didnot got over.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.