1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dinner at Mirage?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Okie2Vegas, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okie2Vegas

Okie2Vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife & I are going to Love at Mirage at 7:30 Monday July 28th. We have to pick up tickets by 4 p.m. Looking for suggestions of where to eat in the Mirage prior to the show.

2. Okie21

Okie21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends. Cheap I'd go with BLT Burger. It's my top 3 burger place on the strip. If you are looking to spend more definitely the Colicchio steak house.

3. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Onda is a quaint little place there. Great staff, good food.

4. couponqueen

couponqueen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mirage buffet is pretty good and serves wine and beer with dinner. If you have a Las Vegas Advisor couponbook there is a 2/1 coupon in it - great value!

5. soled905

soled905 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved Onda, too. Sadly Onda is no more. They've been replaced by Portofino.

We always go to Stack when we stay in the Mirage. Just got back from a trip there this week and we did Stack prior to the Love show. Their mashed potatoes are unreal and my daughter has had me buy some to go to take home a couple times.

6. thespiritoftruth

thespiritoftruth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried Portofino this past trip, and it was the most disappointing meal of the trip. Their bread was the best part of the experience. The salmon and chicken parm were meh at best. Service was confused and not on the ball.
    We had reservations and went after watching the early Love show that night, so we were sitting down by 8:45, so it shouldn't have been an "off" time for the restaurant.

7. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The buffet is good. So is Carnegie Deli.

8. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carnegie Deli.... bring a wheelbarrow for your leftovers! The sizes of their sandwiches are insane!

9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at FIN, the Chinese restaurant, and thought it was very good.

10. TableToddyy

TableToddyy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NO try the Rodizio at the Samba grill. Took wife & kids there in June. Everyone liked it. $45.00 a plate. Had 2 for 1 from MyVegas. They give u a wand with green on one end red on other. Place wand on green.And they"ll keep bringing meat to table until u flip to red. Turkey, beef, pork ,lamb u name it. Also a salad & 3 sides. 2 are grilled plantains & black beans. cant remember 3rd. Its like a buffet in reverse. Also located right before buffet.

11. Okie2Vegas

Okie2Vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Appreciate all the responses. At my first glance through menus of all the restaurants nothing just jumped out at me as a must, so wanted the board's input. I think Heritage and Stack are top contenders right now, Japanois (if we decide to use a b1g1 from myvegas) and rodizio at Samba as the dark horse. I'd love it, but the wife's not quite the carnivore that I am.

12. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BLT Burger 100%. Great Burgers and Wings (only two things I've had there). Mirage Buffet is decent, and includes beer/wine, but I find their selections lacking on most nights.

13. alicia

alicia Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were very pleasantly surprised by Stack. Loved that place, and would definitely go there again. We are pretty picky, too. Lol :beer:

14. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did the Brazil restaurant. Way too much meat in one seating for me.. I really like Stack and they often have a 3 course special in the summer that is a really great deal.

15. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to Japonais almost every time I'm in Vegas, which is a lot. It's one of my top favorite places to eat. In fact, I'm sure I ate there before I saw Love once (I've seen it twice).

Not sure why it doesn't get more praise than it deserves, but I've actually taken family and friends there and now they love it so much they request we go back. I've done many birthdays there and was just there in May celebrating my brother and sister's 40th. Always an awesome evening. Everyone loves the food.

The crispy shrimp and salmon roll is the best... and the rock is always a crowd favorite... we have to get several of those to go around.

17. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heritage Steak if you want a nicer place. The service and food are great. For something more casual, I'd probably go to BLT burger.

I didn't enjoy my meal at Japonais. Carnegie deli is OK, but you have to split a sandwich or it's a waste. CA Pizza Kitchen is good but boring because I don't like chains in Vegas.

19. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh that summer dining offer posted above sounds like several great options! However, I'd still lean towards Heritage Steak for a nice place or BLT burger for a casual place.

20. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stack is one of my favorite restaurants in town. The mashed potatoes are even better if you mix in some of the lobster broth from the Chilean sea bass.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.