1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Late night eats downtown

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by user3657, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who has some 24/7 or late night restaurants downtown? I know 4queens has magnolias. what else is there?

2. craiger122003

craiger122003 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Cal has oxtail soup from 11pm to 6 or 7 am. Plus some other specials.
    Most places have late night specials in their coffee shops. Oh also the 777 at MSS has specials late night.

3. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    777 at Main Street Station is open until 7am.
    American Coney Island at The D is open 24/7
    Market Street Cafe inside The Cal is open 24/7. People rave about the oxtail soup, which is served from 11pm to 9am (or until they run out, whichever comes first).
    Binion's Cafe is open 24/7. Decent burger here.
    Pizza Rock is open until 2am on Friday and Saturday nights and has a good late-night happy hour from 10pm to 2am.
    Fremont has the Lanai Express open until 7am. It's not my first choice, but it's available.
    Denny's is open 24/7 (not that I am recommending you eat there, just saying that it exists downtown and is open).

That's all I can think of. I am sure others will have input for you. Enjoy!

4. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dupars at the Golden Gate is open 24/7..great pancakes.
    The Market St cafe at the California has several Graveyard Specials, including their oxtail soup. They have always had available seats at their counter...no waiting.
    I believe the cafe at the El Cortez is open 24/7, but have a limited menu Sunday thru Thursday..mostly breakfast items from 10pm to 7am.

5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dupar's has more than pancakes. I had the soup and half sandwich around 2am and it was excellent.

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be forewarned, Market St. Café can get really busy near midnight on certain nights, esp Friday and Sunday nights. The Hawaii (boyd vacations Hawaii) charter groups arrive in vegas near 11 pm on those nights and get to the hotel around midnight so many passengers head to the Market St. Café after arriving to get a bite to eat. Many times the counter is also busy at that time.

Also, Market St. Café is "closed" on Tuesday nights for cleaning (I think). They do open the pasta pirate for late night eating though.

There is a McD's at the D that is 24/7 if you want some fast food.

I think the DD's at the Fremont is also open late at night if you want doughnuts.

7. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go for the shrimp and a Coke. Great end to a day in my favorite city.

8. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe that the new Claim Jumper at Golden Nugget is 24/7. I have not eaten there yet -- plan to in about a week.

The D Grille (coffee shop) is NOT 24/7 -- 7 a.m. To 10 p.m. However, it is very good!

I have partaken of the hot dog place at the D -- costs $4.05 for your basic dog. I like them because they do not give me indigestion.

Le Thai closes late (don't know hours). Like it a lot -- just don't order it spiced too much.

I don't know the hours for Pop Up Pizza at the Plaza, but that is my favorite place to go before midnight. Love to get one slice of The Fremont!!

Everybody is different. I tend to get up about 5 a.m. ( 7 a.m. Texas time ) and feel hungry for breakfast. Then I wander over to DuPars and get an omelette or scrambled eggs, etc. There are few customers that early, and the servers seem to appreciate the tips.

9. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On Friday and Saturday nights at the Cal the Cal Club by the craps tables are open till 12 or 1 a.m. They offer fast counter and diner types of foods: Burgers, Sandwiches, Teriyaki Bowls, Stir-Frys, Saimin (oriental noodles in broth) and other fast foods. They have open tables and also provide take-out.

Prices range from 4 to 9 dollars, average. Check it out. Good stuff.

10. Doughy

Doughy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    American Coney Island has been my go to for late night eats...

11. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard Binion's coffee shop downstairs has re-opened, with a bigger menu and open all night. Can anyone confirm?

12. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to love the downstairs coffee shop and probably ate there two to three times per trip. I had heard this rumor so checked it out on our trip the first week in August. Dark as could be with a rope across the stairway saying "closed".

13. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always LOVED the old coffee shop.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.