1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Weird Encounter Waiting for Strip Club Limo

Discussion in 'Vegas After Dark' started by porkchopexpress, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porkchopexpress

porkchopexpress Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of years ago I was out in LV for a bachelor party. We decided to do an open-bar type deal at one of the strip clubs (sorry, I don't remember the club's name). Anyways, part of the deal was that we would be picked up in a limo at our hotel. While we were hanging out in the lobby area some guy approached us saying that he was our limo driver and was ready to take us to the club. We were a caught a bit off guard, because we were told that our driver would not come inside the lobby, but stay outside by the limo. Anyways, after about 10 seconds we realized the guy who approached us was not who we were waiting for and one of the guys in our group pretty much told him to "blank" off.

After that, we decided it would be best to wait closer to the front and find the limo. Well, not even one minute later, a better dressed guy came up on and said he was our driver and that his limo was down a little bit, but he wanted to come and find us. This second guy was a bit more believable, but again, we were told the driver would not approach us, we would have to find the marked limo and find him. Eventually this guy figured out we weren't idiots and left us alone.

So, my question is, what was the point of these two guys approaching us? Was it to a con us, take us to a competing strip club? Anyone every hear or experience something similar to this? We were all really confused about the whole ordeal for a couple of reasons. For one thing, the first guy who approached us looked like he hadn't shaved in a few days and was wearing sweats from head to toe with old torn up sneakers. Like I said, we saw through him in seconds. The second guy was a bit more believable because he was dressed in a pinstripe suit and was a bit more persuasive. Also, we were trying to figure out if these types of scammers just hang out in the lobby area of hotels waiting for groups they can tell are off to the strip club. If so, they must be somewhat successful at pulling off these scams.

Anyways, it was an interesting experience, and one that we still can't quite figure out what the end-game is for the scammers.

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup they proably get paid per head to deliver u to a certian club, just trolling for busssiness

3. porkchopexpress

porkchopexpress Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I figured. Not the type of way I'd like to make a living, but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess. I was just surprised at how terrible the first guy looked. It almost felt like a joke at first because he did not look like someone I would want driving me anywhere.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it is vegas after all theres a scam a minute out here

5. ASnyder

ASnyder Newbie

Cabs and limo drivers are currently paid $50 to $60 per head for customers they deliver to most of the major strip clubs. This has been going on for many years and the per-head fee (that's called a "spiff" in Vegas) has fluctuated from $25 to $125 in the past few years. This is why Vegas strip clubs cost so much for out-of-towners and why the drink prices are often outrageous. This is also why many of the top clubs will transport you for free in their own limos and waive the $30 entry fee if you come by their limo instead of in a cab or independent limo. You can find a more detailed discussion of this, along with a list of strip clubs that offer free limo service with free entry on my Topless Vegas website here: http://www.**********************/vegas-taxi-wars/

6. TimLion

TimLion High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For all my trips to Mecca, I've never gone to one of the strip clubs. I'll make sure to watch out for this trick. Thanks all!

Santé,
    TL

7. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder what the guy in sweats was driving. No limo driver would dress like that.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.