1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

hows the cal pool?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by merlin, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arriving on sunday and was wondering if the pool is nice, is it busy, do they have a hot tub? If it sucks I wont bother packing a suit.

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not much to say about the pool since there isn't really much there. Basic small pool with furniture to lounge on. Not sure how busy it is since it is starting to get hot. I don't even think they have beverage service at the pool but I could be mistaken (no bar area at the pool).

Here are photos on the TA web site, click on the travelers photos and click on the pool photos to see the pool area.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g45963-d91763-Reviews-California_Hotel-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

You might also be able to see it if you use google maps, the pool is in the west tower.

Unless you like to sit around the pool, IMHO it really isn't worth using. But you could just bring your suit anyway in case you feel the urge to take a dip. You can use your room key to open the door to the pool area.

3. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No hot tub....small basic pool with wet water. We will be staying at the CAL in August and start every morning off by using our "private" pool. We rarely see anybody use it. For us the benefits are no fighting for lounge chairs, quiet place to discuss the all the fun stuff that happened the previous day, and nobody searching our bags to check that we aren't bringing our own beverages to the pool area. Last summer they finally got new pool furniture and there also is a vending machine available. Yes, it doesn't take much to make us happy.

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Northern is correct, we have walked over to the Cal pool from MSS a couple of times and no one was around. Both times in the summer but it was late afternoon, early evening.

5. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies, I'll pack a suit, just looking for a quick dip and maybe 20 min of sun, if it's dead that's prob better since my pale white legs have barely seen the sun this year.

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, that is in comparison to small basic pools with dry water, lol......just kidding.....

Actually I think some of the problem is that the LVC tower shields the pool from the sun so the deck it doesn't always have the sun shining down on it. But yes, the pool isn't as well used as some other hotels (plaza, GN, etc.).

aaahhhh, my eyes! The glare from pale white legs!!! kidding again! ha ha.

Just make sure you use lots of sunscreen if the sun is out. I see lots of tourists on Hawaii beaches, while they have no tan and are normally white, many turn a lobster red from too much sun, some even look like they have third degree burns. While it is good to get some sun, too much isn't good either, esp for the people who don't go out in the sun much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.