1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay & Aria Pool Beer Buckets?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by alana86, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alana86

alana86 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm wondering if anyone on the board has recently stayed at Mandalay & Aria and if so, did you go to the pool and did they have specials on "beer buckets". How many beers come in a bucket and what was the price? I'm trying to figure out if they have reasonable deals at all or if I'm better off just buying 1 or 2 beers at $10 a pop or bringing my own down in my bag if I can? I hear Aria specifically is extra expensive for pool mixed drink but what about beer?:beer:

2. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually it's 6 bottles for ~$40. IIRC, mixed drinks go for $14+ each.

3. Tib2d2

Tib2d2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    was there in 2012, and at Moorea at Mandalay a bucket of 6 tall cans of coronas was $35.

4. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM pools jacked up their pool prices this year (at least MGM and Monte Carlo did). Not Aria/MB but at MGM and Monte Carlo, last month we payed $44 per bucket (6 beers - 16 oz domestic or 12 oz imports) and $12-$17 per mixed drink depending on what it was. I highly doubt Aria or Mandalay Bay would be cheaper.

5. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW!!

That's a heavy price!
    I'm used to the Flamingo prices

6. alana86

alana86 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm if they are 16oz domestic we would get 3 each and pay $22 each (split the bill) with a tip so maybe it's still the cheaper way to go. Thank you!

7. Habs

Habs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just back from Aria:beer:beer bucket 5/$35 plus tip, security busted a few people trying to use cold beer in their bag as sunscreen :nono:

8. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, maybe if you can make a case for it being a sunscreen. I believe CousinEddie on these boards might use beer as sunscreen based on the amazing amount of beer involved in his Vegas trip :)

9. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generally either hotel won't allow outside beverages in there pool area, Espically if it a pool party(ticketed event). Prioir to entering the pool area at MB they do inspect bags..... Considering the prices on the buckets of beer I say your on vacation just pay the price:beer:

10. alana86

alana86 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yuck really..that's too bad. I wanted to try and bring in and least one and my own water.

11. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure most (if not all) pool areas will have free cups of water that are available to you. They don't want you to dehydrate from all the beers they are going to sell to you!

12. highlow

highlow Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was just at Aria this weekend. I know drink prices at the pools are a little nutty, but I paid $35 for two drinks that had maybe a dab of vodka... It was a bit ridiculous. Charged it to the room and it was comped, but c'mon, at least let me taste some alcohol.

13. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo pool pours them strong!

14. Brad8173

Brad8173 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    April this year - 5 for $40 @ MB. Sometimesave specials like $25 bud products, heiniken, etc.
    Can't bring in alcohol but can bring in resort bought stuff (water, coffee, pop). If you want to drink at the pool u will have to bite the bullet and pay up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.