1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Cosmo Baccarat Tourney

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by broncofn, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone else receive an offer for the baccarat tourney at cosmo July 11-13 and plan on going? I just booked it as I was going to go in August anyways to sign up for the LVH SuperContest. Figured I would just go in July to register for the contest and do the tourney also.

Also, are there any real strategies for baccarat tourney's?

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there no way to know a stategy in the tourney till u see there rules,

ive done a bunch of bj theres and each time there all differnt so what i thought would work woudnt becuease they came with new rules.:thumbsdown:

so u will have to wait till regestration to see how they run it

3. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bacc tourneys really come down to tracking where your opponents stacks are at and betting accordingly. If you close to another player in stack size, but you have them beat, just mirror their bets.

Just gets weird if they allow hidden bets...

GL

4. AnabelleT

AnabelleT Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been in a Baccarat tournament, I would love to be in one but I won't be in Vegas during those dates in July :cry:

If you could share the rules and everything once you have that info that would be great! I'm curious!

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    theres no way to know untill you get the rules as i said, so thinking about it wont help.

ive done 3 bjs tourney at cosmo all run differntly,ive done slots all the same ,just potluck

wait till u get the rules and then u can figure it out otherwise you will be beating yourself up with useless info that might not help.

cosmo touneys can be really wierd than again all touneys make up wierd rules so i always wait then i figure it out

6. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked what time the tourney starts that friday and asked whatever other info they had but the person said it wasnt available at the time. Maybe i shouldve booked it thru my host for more info but im going to stay at wynn that trip (double booking) so i just booked it thru the number on the invite.

The tourney offer was for 2 nights and its only a 75k prize which is a smaller tourney invite. Im going to stay 4 nights since the airfare prices are high and need to sign up for the LVH supercontest.

7. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope I get the invite.

I saw Natedog's TR/post. I guess it's about money management. However, I have never been in a tourney

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    belive or not your host wont have any more info than what time is regestration, as for rules it will be a few pages long and you will have to wait till day off to find out.

i can say , it will promo chips only and at 75k$ this is a guess top prize 25- 40 k then 20 and down from for the top 6 players

im away so i dont know if im invited i assume not as a hotel is involved , did the bj /slot tourney in march not hotel needed,i get that one every year, but they keep changes the rules.

i bet that weeked they have 2 or 3 other tourneys some for asmuch as 250k they usualy do them in clusters

9. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Regardless without the invite for the tourney, itll be a great weekend! Solo that trip! Make it happen riddick

10. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be at the Cosmo mid-June.

Damn, so tempted to go July 11-13. And you're staying at the Wynn. I might have to make this happen.

:beer:

11. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The person on the phone didn't even know the registration time for that Friday. It won't matter as I'm coming into town Thursday night. It is 50k for first place and you are correct, it's in promo chips.

I guess it will be just a close your eyes and hope for the best tourney. Either way, it's just a bonus to me as I was coming out anyways.

12. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It won't be CVG style but I still have a few connections out there.

Damn, now thinking about it, I'm getting older lol.

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they never do know the time, usualy a day or 2 before the info for regestration gets filtered down too ideinty and the hosts .

its wierd there cluesless there.

usualy regeistration will be day off and you will get the time or times you play from there.

its like the blind leading the blind just go with the flow and when u get there go to identity and they will have the info by then, good luck

14. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, it might be Max style.

15. BacKing

BacKing Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is what usually happens for a weekend tournament. Friday night registration, cocktail party and draw for seats. They will have a Saturday noon, 2, and 4 pm preliminary rounds. Depending on entrants, they will have 2 or 3 or 4 advance per table per those rounds into the quarter finals on Sunday at noon and then 2 per table advance to the semi final at 2 pm and then 2 per table advance to final table at 4 pm. In the preliminary rounds, you'll probably get $5000 in chips, there will be a total of 20 hands, the first 3 hands you don't have to play, the 4th to 20th hand, you have to bet. There will be minimum and maximum bets allow in the rounds. You'll get more chips in the later rounds and higher min and max bets. The 20th hand will be a secret bet that you'll write on a piece of paper and hand it in. After the 19th hand, they'll stop, calculate everyone's chips at your table and everyone will know everyone's chip counts. There you will need to do some quick calculation to know where you stand and what you'll need to do to advance, you don't need to win the table, if you know for example, 3 advances then all you need to do is advance. The next round starts fresh, the chips don't carry over like in poker. I hope this helps.
    I will be at the MGM $500K tourney on July 25th to 27th. Yes it is awarded in promotional chips. You can play both banker and player to convert to real chips, you may lose a few bucks on commission if banker wins. Good luck to all that are playing.

16. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone ever had any luck in one of these tourneys? Ive been invired to several at TI and never went or they canceled it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.