1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Musical Rental Cars

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by VegasGroove, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone had back-to-back car rental reservations that proved to be less expensive (in total) than having one car rental reservation, say over the course a week?

If so, what was your experience?

Just curious. Thanks!

2. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done that two or three times and even posted about it a year or so ago. Often, for a week's rental, it's cheaper with two reservations. If you are a member of their fast program, it's easy and quick. I do recommend it.

3. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks OKC Gal.

I rent a car in Vegas every trip and my current 4 day rental is at 76 bucks all in. I'd like to increase the days to 5, but the amount will increase to 184 bucks all in. However, if I do just a one day rental for that 5th day, it will be 22 bucks all in.

I think I will do it. Thanks!

4. PokerrNutt

PokerrNutt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Explain the process then - do you have to bring the car back to the rental center, go downstairs and go through the process again? Do they let you keep the same car you were renting before? I'm curious.

5. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

When we did that we were not able to keep the same car on one occasion and were able to keep it on another occasion. Guess it depends on how many cars and what size they have booked for that particular day.

6. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, you are not keeping the same car. You check back in and then go and check out. That is why I only recommend it if you use one of the companies' fast rental clubs, like Dollar. With Dollar, I literally pull the car in, get out, walk over to the window in the garage and see which "stall" my new rental is at, and go get in it and go. If I had to go upstairs and wait in line, I wouldn't do it.

7. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done it several times also. Another "perk" of doing this, besides the lower price, is you can double dip on airline miles, depending upon the company. Sometimes I use 2 different car rental companies. I have also had 2 different cars at the same time, in different locations, with the same company and had no issues.

8. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I am a Dollar member, so the process is easy peasy. Never leaving the garage.

9. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have done it with Alamo. It's a painless process. Bring the car back, go get another car and leave.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.