1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Julian Serrano question?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by beuhner, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beuhner

beuhner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking about hitting Julian Serrano on my upcoming visit to Vegas but I have a question for anybody who's been. I've seen the tasting menu and it intrigues me, question is, with this being a tapas restaurant, will the portion sizes be tapas sized even on the tasting menu.....$89 for four plates of tapas is a little pricey and I would to at least be somewhat full after having a four course tasting menu! Any insight would be appreciated!

2. Blacklegs22

Blacklegs22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had the tasting menu there, so I probably shouldn't comment, but I'm just guessing that even with four courses, the portion size will not be enormous. We spent way more than $89 on small Tapas portions for lunch both times we've been there, and the portion size was fairly small, just right for two to get a good sampling of...

Be aware, at Julian Serranos you are paying for the highest quality of ingredients and preparation. It was worth every penny we spent, and by no means did we leave hungry, but I'm guessing one would never be acccused "bulk-loading" at Serranos. Final Answer: portion size will be "fair". As to quality? That will be exceptional! Highly recommended. :thumbsup:

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not tapas size, and it's $59 not $89

The top 2 things are tapas, then the entree is an entree.

http://www.aria.com/sites/default/files/dining/restaurant/menu/JSerrano_59menu_4.30.pdf
    Here's the menu.

See on the regular menu they have regular entrees at the bottom.
    http://www.aria.com/sites/default/files/dining/restaurant/menu/JulianSerrano_DinnerMenu_4.8.14.pdf

We never felt the need to order the tasting menu. We liked to try a lot of things. I didn't really want an entree. Each tapas is $10-$20, you can each pick 3 or 4 things instead and share. If you check yelp, I'm sure there is plenty of photos of the entrees so you can see the size.

4. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One other recommendation I can make for Julian Serrano:

If you don't mind sitting at a pub height 4 top, I highly recommend asking for the pub table closest expediting. We always sit here and get to watch the food come out and it helps us see new things.

This table is actually very comfortable.

Another alternative to to sit at the bar chairs by the fresh produce. We enjoyed that a couple times, too.

5. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Completely worth every penny, we have made Serrano a regular visit the last couple of years and have never ever been the least bit disappointed nor felt we paid too much, we always leave satisfied after a couple or three plates and a few Sangrias. My advice is sit at the bar and hopefully you get Jeffery our favorite bartender in town and the maker of the best Sangrias we have ever had which he makes from scratch of his own recipes, I like the red my wife prefers the white I advise try them all :thumbsup:

6. Blacklegs22

Blacklegs22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couldn't agree more. Both sangrias are excellent, and they creep up on you if you decide not to stop after the first pitcher!:beer:

7. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yessir they do especially the white sangria it seems, in December he had made a sparkling Sangria that was VERY good. He is a really interesting guy, apparently he had a hand in the making of Toby Keiths brand of Tequila and was his private barkeep on tour one year, we found that out when he learned we were from Oklahoma and that was the beginning of our friendship. Last visit he hooked us up at Lagasses where we were watching the UFC card at, he is good friends with the head cook there and that worked BIG in my favor when it came to meal time. :thumbsup:

8. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like Julian Serrano. Normally I'm not a Sangria guy, but I love their red one.

Personally, I don't think their tasting menu is an attractive option. Just order what you want. It's all small plates anyway.

9. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have really enjoyed Julian Serrano a couple of times. The best dished I had were the scallops with a romesco sauce(?) and, surprisingly, the sliders. It is really a good restaurant.

One of the times I was there, it was just slammed busy. We ate at the bar, and the bartender really busted his ass making sure everyone at the bar was getting top notch service.

10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto! It's just a great place. I had a really really great waiter too last time I was there, I forget his name though. We had a wonderful conversation with him. Something is just awesome about tapas, and you don't get them very much.

11. Okie21

Okie21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We visited there for lunch one day for their special. Granted, this is far different from their tasting menu at dinner but I thought I'd relay my...thoughts.

It was all very delicious. I had the gazpacho while my wife had the mixed romaine salad, both great but I give the nod to the gazpacho.

I had the ribeye steak, which came pre sliced and was decent. A little overcooked for my medium rare tastes. She had the salmon, which was phenomenal. The highlight of the meal. Dessert was good, but forgettable, as I can't remember either dish now. I remember there was some fruit involved somewhere...

All this to say it was good and I would indeed go back, especially considering this was $22 per person. However, the portions are small. My wife was filled up, but not me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.