1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Club noise in the rooms at Aria?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by skybank, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there risk of night club noise (thumping) in the rooms at Aria?

I will be there on a Wednesday and Thursday nights, so I'm pretty sure that Haze isn't open those days. But what about the Cosmo's clubs?

If there is an issue what room should I ask for to avoid the noise?

Thanks

2. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm normally pretty drunk by the time I get back to my room but I've stayed at Aria probably a half dozen times by now and I've never heard club noise in any of my rooms.

3. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have yet to hear any in my stays there.

4. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been In the corner suite at the Cosmo end of the property and felt the base. So if you have a corner suite, I'd ask for a room at the Monte Carlo end. I'd ask for a city view room on that side anyway as the angle of your view points you more toward Veer, crystals. If you have a city view on the Cosmo end, depending on the orientation of the bed In your room, you open your window to a lovely view of the Monte Charcoal.

5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is DEFINITELY an issue with noise from Marquee in many of the Strip-facing rooms at Aria. I have stayed there many times and have firsthand experience with this.

I agree with what Gabeoak said - what you want to do is ask for a room as close to Monte Carlo as possible - the farther from the Cosmo your room is, the less intrusive the pumping bass will be. I stayed in a Corner Suite a couple of years ago that directly faced Marquee and between the day and night parties, the bass would rattle the window all day and night. I always take earplugs with me on vacation and you could still hear the bass through the earplugs - that is how bad it was.

If you happen to have a mountain view, you should no problem at all with the noise so it should be okay.

By the way, when I mentioned the annoying volume of the music from Marquee to the front desk I was told they receive numerous complaints and have tried asking the Cosmo to tone it down but they won't budge. I guess paying off the right people lets you do anything you want, including flaunting city noise ordinances.

6. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No problems usually get rooms pretty close to elevators.

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've stayed at Aria a few times now and never had a problem with noise... and we have had rooms that faced Cosmo and never had a problem from them either.

8. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria has done a good job concealing club notice. The club is basically in their basement. If you're concerns ask for a quite room during check-in. That will guarantee there won't be an issue.

Cosmo's pool dayclub can be loud.

9. TwiceTheJava

TwiceTheJava Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The music from Marquee is loud at Planet Hollywood (floor was in the teens or 20s, I don't remember now). I've always dealt with it by being too drunk/tired to care and just falling asleep anyway. :drunk:

10. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The night club stuff never bugs me because I after a long night and a few beers I have no trouble falling asleep. For me the day club is more annoying. During the day sometimes I like to relax in my room.

11. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at Marquee end in a corner suite and it wasn't that bad. I could hear it but it wasn't that loud, not enough to keep me from falling asleep sober. Any other room I've ever been in at Aria has been extremely quiet, no noise at all.

12. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies!
    I always bring ear plugs with me, but I hate it when I go to sleep after drinking and then get awakened a few hours later when I sober up enough to hear the thumpping. :beer:

13. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Popmegaphone makes a fair point about the MC end. You may hear a low level of day noise from MC pool area. But it isn't near the level of base I experienced on the Cosmo end.

14. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there last year on the Monte Carlo end.
    Our friends had a corner across from Marquee and it really bothered them.

They complained and ended up having the hotel comp an extra night for them.

If I'm not in SkySuites I always ask for the Monte Carlo end.

15. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm probably not the best person to ask because I can sleep in loud environments, but I had a city view room at Aria on the 30th floor and didn't hear a thing.

16. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Speaking of noise from night / day clubs, being at HRH during rehab is noisy.

But then again why else would you be staying there!!

Q

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.