1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carrot Top v Terry Fator? Fator haters speak up!

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by MisplacedTexan, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, my bride and I have agreed to see something funny on our next trip. Half of our duo thinks Carrot Top will be a better choice. The more reserved (possibly female) half fears he's gonna be to foul and wants to see Terry Fator instead.

If we can make the schedule work, we may go see both, but for anybody who's seen both, if you only could pick one, which one would you pick and why? (And extra points to anybody who provides ammunition for seeing Carrot Top :evillaugh)

2. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen both and I will take Carrot Top 101 times out of 100. Belly laughs all around. Sure it gets a little raunchy, but after all, you are in Las Vegas, where everything is a little raunchy.

Except for his tribute to Veterans, I didn't care for Terry Fator at all.

3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have only seen CT of those two, and I would go again and again and again. Yes, he is that funny.

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed both shows but I've seen Carrot Top multiple times and Fator once. I prefer Carrot Top.

5. GilGunderson

GilGunderson Classy Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carrot Top by far. Seen him twice and laughed just about the entire show. Even my very skeptical gf admitted it was one of the funniest things she had ever seen. It can be a little vulgar but nothing close to someone like andrew dice clay. Fator is definitely more family oriented, which doesn't always mean less funny, but CT blows his act out of the water. TF has good production and visuals (not that CT doesn't, half the act is prop based although he doesn't even need props IMO), but even when CT is just reeling off one liners, all the pageantry of fator's show means nothing by comparison.

If you don't want to be offended or laugh that much, you should go see TF. If i could choose to see one show as the last one i could ever watch (including all of the broadway and other LV shows i've experienced), it would be Carrot Top.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the red head monster any day of the weak. the top by a mile.:nworthy:

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VMB seems to prefer Carrot Top. How reserved is this female? I know Carrot Top can be raunchy, but not really that raunchy, IMO. I've seen WAY worse.

Personally, I would be concerned about visiting Vegas in general with someone who would be offended by Carrot Top. :)

BTW, I'm adjusting the title of this thread to better reflect the topic. Thanks!

8. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Carrot Top yesterday. Would definitely go again.

Seeing Terry Fator on Monday, so I'll let you know.

9. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terry Factor is the best singing ventriloquist out there. In fact, singing is the majority of his act, singing and singing and singing. Gets old real fast.....

That is his show, if that is your thing. Now, compared to someone that sings with their mouths open, he is not that great of a singer at all IMOP. But granted, with your mouth almost shut, he's great.

And that will be your show with Terry Factor.

I would see CT. :thumbsup:

BTW, did I mention that Terry Factor sings allot during his show? :evillaugh

Sounds like she REALLY wants to go see Terry Factor, so do the smart thing, suck it up, and go see TF.

When at the show, don't be an ass, and enjoy the show with her. If it's in the budget, do both. We used to do two shows per Vegas trip.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  10. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Raunchy is not the same as mean. Mean acts are no fun, IMO. Sonya said it well. Gotta watch who goes to Vegas with you.

Some performers maintain a high level of performance for years. Some get into a rut. When I saw Terry Fator several years ago, he had just won that contest. It was his second show ever at Mirage. He was great, but without that high level of motivation he might be just okay. Donnie loves to perform, while Marie is as good as she wants to be that night. Penn and Teller have been doing it too long and are marking time, especially Penn. The hardest working Vegas act I have seen is Human Nature.

11. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw both last year and both were fine .... BUT, as you said you wanted to see something funny and Carrot Top definitely gets my vote.....he was funny thru n thru whereas Terry had his funny moments. Will be seeing CT again next month. Middle aged female ....if that matters....lol

12. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carrot Top by a mile. I've seen Terry Fator once - that was enough, but I've seen Carrot Top four times. As was said, Terry Fator does A LOT of singing. I was hoping that it was going to comedy ventriloquism but it wasn't what I had expected. It was a good show, but I wouldn't pay to see it again. As well, Terry Fator allows people to record and take pictures at his show, so you can pretty much watch the entire thing on YouTube lol

13. ihatesnow

ihatesnow Tourist

I have not seen Fator, but Carrot Top actually is funny and still around for that reason. I would encourage any doubters to give him a chance; he will win you over.

14. coralrush

coralrush Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm female, was a huge fan of Terry Fator on America's Got Talent (voted for him and everything), and liked Carrot Top better... I think partially because I had already seen a lot of his schtick previously on AGT (and his special which is on Netflix), and there's only so many ventriloquist songs I can take in a row, although he is EXCELLENT at what he does.

Carrot Top on the other hand was so much fun, partially because everyone underestimates him (cmon, he's a disheveled looking dude with too much plastic surgery on steroids...) but he is hilarious. It's not TOO dirty and raunchy.

I think Terry Fator is the more talented individual overall, but CT's talent lends itself to a more entertaining show.

15. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So well Said! :kill:

16. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One little bit of Carrot Top advice- get to the theater a little early, they have a blooper reel that plays on stage that is really really good.

17. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed Carrot Top a LOT more than Fator. Not even close IMHO.

ETA, he's not nearly as big as he used to be, he's definitely not juicing anymore :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  18. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All this Carrot Top talk.....I ended up buying a ticket on Goldstar for next week to see him again. Show is topical and different every time I see it.

19. beuhner

beuhner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen both and both were entertaining but your comparing apples to oranges. Carrot Top is a comedy show and is funny as hell, my gf loved it as well!! Terry Fator is more of an impressions/singing show with small amounts of humor. People might think his act is more like Jeff Dunham's which it is NOT!! Dunham does a comedy routine with the puppets where Fator does his impressions through the puppets. So in saying that, depending on what your up for I would go to the show that fills that need.

20. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, Hereeeeeeeee's Walter...

With his side kick, Dum ass Jeff Dunham....

[YOUTUBE]Zcnoh3oJJKs[/YOUTUBE]

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.