1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The boys back out... Going Solo!!!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by kps, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So back in November 3 of my boys wanted to do a guys weekend in the Mecca. One has only been there once back in July of 2013 with us for wife and I bach/bachelorette party/my bday (Trip report posted back on 8/1/2013 that I never completed after the first few days) and had unfortunately gotten divorced this past December plus 2 would be Vegas virgins. They wanted to blow off some steam before work ups started for their next cruise with their ship as they are in the Navy, officers at that. No prob. Let's keep an eye on things and plan accordingly.

January rolls around and they want to do something before May 1. Wanted to keep it on a lower price point so March Madness and spring break were out. So the decision was made for the 24th to 27th right after Easter since HRH had a crazy deal going on for rooms.

I had my suspicions 2 weeks ago when we were golfing and I asked them if they booked their tix since they were all using their miles and were taking a different airline from my trusty Southwest which has a non stop. I got the don't worry going to book this week.

Well the text message arrives last night. The virgins have decided to do a golf weekend instead down in Orlando and the one timer, who I met the virgins through initially and who continually barked he couldn't wait to go again has been seeing someone and...well...you know..."she's giving me a little slack about going."

Phone call once I get this message with wife on the couch next to me smirking...What are you going to do about the airline ticket you said you were getting at golf? Well I got tied up at work, she was hassling me...I never got around to getting it. WTF!!!!! I'll refrain from the actual come to Jesus moment aka ass chewing I unloaded on him after that statement.

Fortunately the wife doesn't mind because her and her gf's are doing a girls' trip mid May once I declared back in January boys' trip, she announced the same. God life is good so early in our marriage.

Anyhow...I'll be out there and I am stalking the April roll call but if anyone wants to catch up fo a drink or whatever let me know. Right now my only plans are Twin Peaks for food and I am going to hit some of the beer locations that have been posted on that link.

The countdown continues!!!

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Life is good"!!! You're completely in control of your attitude and how you react to things! Sounds like you have a good handle on things. I'm bringing my son to town with me on the 24th -28th. He has a bunch of friends to meet up with... so I'll be hangin' around the hotel a lot, as I have very little business that trip. I'd love to buy you a drink, or 2 or 5 somewhere in there.

3. NYPoker

NYPoker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have two friends exactly like this. I feel your pain. I'd hit you up while me and my gf are out there but we are staying the 20th - 23rd. Enjoy your trip though!

4. tkriger

tkriger Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing happened to me - leaving Friday morning, will be a solo weekend. I'll still have fun though.

5. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to consider firing the boys from the family. :evillaugh

I could see considering swapping Vegas for say, a golf trip to Scotland or Augusta or Pebble Beach. Orlando? Seriously?!

Vegas Golf Trip, now THAT'S an idea.

It's great you didn't cancel your plans. You will have a great time! Perhaps they'll be able to go next year.

In the interim, if you are heading downtown, try a few pints at Main Street Station and Atomic Liquors.

6. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely as I'll hit you up week of.

7. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    kps, let me commend you for proceeding with your trip without your [STRIKE]ball-less [/STRIKE] friends.

And kudos to your wife for understanding it is okay for you both to enjoy things with and without each other - mostly with though! :peace:

I hope you enjoy your trip and post a report when you return!

8. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in town 23rd to 30th and will be at Davy's a lot lol.

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's GREAT! I'll have a vehicle and can easily get over there... will do! Although on second thought, the cab fare from the Hard Rock to Davy's Locker is minimal and probably smarter!

10. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Twin Peaks vs. Mickey and Minnie.......hmmm....let me think about that one for a bit. As my former boss frequently said when a decision went against me: "we all have choices".

11. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, been there with the "all hyped up friends" who then not only weasel out, but then do so towards the last minute. I think you will enjoy going solo. I like boys trips, but I also like my solos. Regardless, have fun, take the city down and then rub it in their faces upon your return. Lastly, when they beg you to go next time...just laugh at 'em.

12. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:

13. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Viva--Thx for the suggestions will do.

Wigwam--will hit you up week of. Plan on hitting up Smart as he is the same hotel during my stay. Cabbing it is always my choice as I am Irish, Catholic...well anyways...lol.

Electro---Will do definitely

14. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We can meet you on strip if you would prefer. Drop me a PM and we can sort something out. My friends all have cars in Vegas so we can give you a ride back when you're wasted lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.