1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Spice Market Buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Mamabear0222, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mamabear0222

Mamabear0222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any reviews of this lately? It has a BOGO groupon right now ...thoughts??
    We'd probably do lunch or dinner ....

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of good reviews on here. We did dinner w wine last month and thought it was a great value. Fills up quick during dinner time. We got there around 6 and beat the rush! Huge line when we left. Lots of folks using the Groupon.

3. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been for breakfast once and lunch once in the past. I thought it was pretty good, it's one of the better ones I've had in Vegas.

I see they always have a Groupon for it and sell thousands each time. I am wondering how the lines have been and when is the best time to go since this is clearly driving more traffic there....

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went last Wed at like 4 and there was no line at all. Food was alright but nothing great, I think I came to the conclusion that I'm not a buffet person.

5. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On our last two trips we used a lot of buffet Groupons, including Spice Market Buffet, which was our favorite location. We always go early to avoid crowds.

I wish they would offer Groupons for solos...

6. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is a free coupon that you can use solo

http://www.destinationcoupons.com/Nevada/Las_Vegas/spice-market-buffet/spice-market-buffet-coupons.asp#.Uz04wLlOXJo

I usually go each time I go to Vegas. It is my luxury meal of the trip because most of the things I enjoy there are off diet.
    tempura shrimp
    for example,

or grilled lamb when they have it.

However, it used to be much cheaper. Last visit I just used the coupon and used up the rest of my CET points.
    Breakfast Mon-Fri 7:00am - 11:00am $20.99 +tax
    Weekend Breakfast 7:00am-10:00am $24.99 +tax
    Lunch Mon-Fri 11:00am - 3:30pm $24.99 +tax
    Dinner Mon-Fri 3:30pm -11:00pm $30.99 +tax King Crablegs Included. Sat-Sun add $5.00 more for Dinner
    Sat & Sun Champagne Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm $30.99 +tax

Discounted prices for Children 4-8 years, Children 3 and under are free.

The all day pass is available for $49.99/ weekend $64.99 (

7. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I finally got to try the buffet for the first time this past August. To keep it simple, I sent for dinner one night and thought it was so damn good I went back for lunch the next day.:thumbsup:

8. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planet Hollywood buffet also has a 2/1 coupon in the LVA Rewards Book.

** I've got a couple extras, if someone has LVA - Matchplays to trade. **

9. couponqueen

couponqueen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PHollywood Buffet

I think the LVA coupon is for $10 off each person - good for 2 people not 2/1. I wish it was a 2/1.

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Groupon (it's been perpetually on Groupon for a long time) is a good deal, basically half price and includes soft drinks, beer, wine, and champagne.
    For half price this buffet is a good deal. I wouldn't pay full price but no one should ever have to since there is always a Groupon for it.

11. Beaker

Beaker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I usually hit a couple of buffets each trip some high end, some lower. We used a groupon in January for the Spice Market buffet and came out of there feeling ripped off. It was the single most disgusting meal we have ever experienced in Las Vegas.

12. 4dazeoff

4dazeoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow, we've been a few times and thought it was pretty good. maybe not worth full price but definitely a good value with the groupon. So Beaker, can you give us a little more detail on why you were so disappointed? sorry to hear you didn't like it. Good Luck!:beer:

13. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!

14. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

Dewey, I hate to tell you this but the tempura shrimp was gone when we were there in Feb. I complained loudly and often but the buffet manager said it wasn't coming back. Maybe if enough people complain...... That was the best thing on the buffet. We eat there occasionally because we can use points and it's convenient and every time we do I say that it's the last time. I think I really mean it this time. Not my favorite buffet by a long shot.

15. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had dinner there last week....think it was Tuesday nite & it was really good but....no tempura shrimp. Missed having that...always loved it. We were seated at the big round table in the Diamond section and hubby asked our nice server for some steamed crab legs...well, she assumed all 5 of us wanted some. She finally came back with a HUGE PLATTER piled high with split legs & 5 little bowls of butter. They were really good & had a great taste. But, there was no way 1.5 people could make much of a dent in that large serving.

They did have individual servings of roasted chicken that was well seasoned and very tasty....all of us enjoyed that dish a lot.

16. Kickin

Kickin Flea

We ate there last summer and I thought it was pretty good. It's a buffet, I wasn't expecting to be blown away. It matched or exceeded whatever expectation I had. I think it was a Saturday dinner on the day we arrived.

My favorite dish was in the Middle Eastern (or Mediterranean, whatever it's called) section. It was these tomatoes stuffed with lamb meat. I'd normally be skeptical about a dish like that in a buffet expecting it to be bland but the meat was nicely spiced and full of flavor. For the most part though the dishes are your standards.

17. Stizz19

Stizz19 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did the groupon last year, well worth it in my opinion.

18. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drat! Tempura shrimp was my favorite on our last two visits!

19. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. If the lamb is gone, then so am I.

20. redsoxmom5

redsoxmom5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After having several good experiences here, last month we were not so lucky. The groupon is a good deal. I was fully expecting a draw but actually got bottled beer. We got there between 5-6pm but food was mostly cold and some of the meats were very dry. I was looking for the tempura shrimp as well. Bummer that it's gone for good.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.