1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Double LP on level up

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by mgill1974, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And tomorrow. :beer:

3. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this sure is sweet :) down about 700k but leveled up 15 times :beer:

4. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I leveled up once

I don't see the point in playing past my 2000 max daily LP. I only play for LP

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I warned my gf about this possibility, but she decided to level up over trying to complete card one of the St Patrick's Day scratch offs yesterday. :grrr:

Definitely will have my fill of blackjack in the next two days. Thought I might play some of that in Tunica this weekend. Probably not anymore. :eek:

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  6. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the general consensus is that double LP on level ups is the most valuable promotion they do, and it is well worth playing even after maxing your daily LP limit.

This is, of course, assuming you have plenty of chips and will be able to level up a couple times. If it is looking like it will be a stretch to make it to the next level, then yes, it would be wise to not play.

7. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I also play for LPs......got 30,000 of them today plus my 2,000 and I only spent 700k doing so...the other day i spent 400k on the challenge....and got 2,750 lp
    This is the first time I've seen double LP for more than an hour or two and I plan on taking full advantage :beer:

8. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am so glad I saw this thread. I read it that you had to make a purchase to get the double LPs and totally misunderstood. Off to start playing now as I am close to levelling up.

9. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I, too, feel the most important "event" or challenge MV runs is the Double LP. The most LPs is what I am after when I play.

And I read alot of posters on FB complain that the Double LP and Double XP events comes immediately on the heels of a challenge where they have exhausted every chip they have. Hah! They haven't caught on yet that this is by design!!

I love MV, but I know when to play and when to hoard for what my purpose is - gaining as may LPs as possible so I can cash in when the time is right.

JMO.

10. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't play the last Challenge as I was away for a week of it do it didn't seem worth it for a couple of days that I could play. I'm so glad I didn't after reading that it sucked chips.

11. onionhater

onionhater Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    double level up LP is not the same as double XP? seems like they would get you the same amount of LPs at the same rate.

12. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to figure out if you have enough chips to get to your level up. The worst case scenario is running out short. Then you've played a significant amount for no reward.

13. onionhater

onionhater Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm at like 16m so running out is not a worry. I'm just wondering if I should spend a few million on leveling up here, or wait until double xp. it seems like the same rate to me.

14. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it pretty much is the same rate. Theres a slight advantage to getting the double lp on level up when you are already near the end of the longer levels. Otherwise its a wash.

15. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought $9 worth of chips to supplement my bankroll for this. Figure it's going to charity, so it's not a waste. As a poker fan, I love what the gaming community is doing for One Drop. I may get MFed for buying chips, but don't care.

16. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm trying my best to get as many levels in as I can. I don't care about the 2000LP/day limit, I want to level as fast as I can but it's in the millions for me to do that now so it gets expensive.

17. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess you missed my post earlier in this thread about getting my fill of blackjack over the next two days? Double XP usually restricts you to slots.

I moved up about 23 levels in 4 hours at 50k per hand, and gained chips while doing it! I moved up more levels in the last two days than in the last couple of months! :thumbsup:

God bless Guy Laliberte!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  18. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes....double LP is sweet cuz then you can benefit while playing blackjack. I ended up about 20 levels, got back some of what I spent last month for my May/June trip. I probably still have an ample amount for my trip after that but the more the better :) I'm thinking there is probably going to be a rate hike if its anything like last year.

19. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point. I hadnt considered the blackjack on the double LP days. I might have to try that next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.