1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Remember the guy who posted about flooding his room...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by jdvegas, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The trip report with the details seems to have disappeared, but many of you will recall the guy who got booted from an MGM hotel (was it Aria?) because he took an hour long shower and supposedly created some water damage.

Well, looks like someone else did the same this weekend - left the bath running for hours while passed out drunk and flooded four rooms. The Instagram video is classic!

2. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey...shit happens :beer::drunk:

3. billyinpg

billyinpg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just came here to post up just that LOL

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This happened to us once at about 6:20am. I wasn't sure if it was because a penthouse flooded above us, or a leaky roof because I thought I heard thunder right before it happened. It was at the Quad, so I could believe either. Considering the volume of water leaking though, flooded penthouse makes more sense, or thats a real shitty roof.

We were moved for a "Luv Tub" room for the rest of our stay...:evillaugh

5. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gives new meaning to "making it rain in Vegas".

6. Sunbeamblue2002

Sunbeamblue2002 Tourist

Think in some hotels it happens more often then you think cause Last July while staying in a Spa room at New York New York our room started leaking. We were just laying down for a nap at around 3:30p when we noticed. When we called the first thing the mantance man said was gotta go make sure they didn't fall asleep with the tub on upstairs. Sure enough that's what happened. Got an upgrade to a Ziggarate suite for the rest of our stay. Wonder how bad that room would have been if we hadn't been there at that time of day.

7. rittermd

rittermd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whitney Houston

Thats why you should not take a bath hammered.

8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That and the potential drowning hazard :wink2:

9. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    but that thread went away, and I haven't seen a post by him in awhile..

10. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He's still around - I saw a post from him in the past day or two.

11. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Years ago when I was living in an apartment and I came home shitfaced. Took a piss and went to bed. Early in the morning my landlord wakes me up, scarrying the shit out of me thinking what the hell is this guy doing in my apt. The toilet flooded after I went to bed and leaked for like 6 hours. There was so much water it leaked to the guy's apt living below me who then called my landlord to see what was going on.

Thankfully no one was pissed, my landlord was a pretty cool dude, and the guy below me was too.

12. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bathtub is a great rehab tool, but unfortunately it can have some drawbacks if you're near passed out.

LOL, that video just cracks me up.

13. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So then, why did the post disappear? I tried to follow what happened, thought one of the MODs moved it to another place where I could not find it, and gave up looking for it.

Do posts get deleted here on a regular basis? I know it has happened to me. However, mine was because I was being stupid and I don't blame them. Someone posted a $200 sandwich thread that got me going. So I posted a Purple Chip $500 sandwich. :evillaugh LOL!

However, the Aria one seemed valid to me. Who decides what is valid, and what criteria is used to determine the "Threshold" for removal?

I really wanted to know what the outcome of that post was, for I asked for some additional information for the OP to provide to us, and POOF, it's gone! :rolleyes2:

14. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya it got moved/combined into the trip report section but I can't find it either. Was curious as well to the whole story.

All. The. Time.

15. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sonya has final say on everything - she owns this board. She does a lot to provide guidance on what is acceptable on the board: see this post from last week and check out the entire Admin section. Sometimes she will jump into the middle of a long thread and delete a bunch of posts and will explain why right in the post. Sometimes when a thread or post is deleted, the user will get a PM from Sonya explaining why.

Bottom line, this board is moderated fairly heavily - and Sonya is VERY open about it. It creates a safe environment for the community with limited trolling, personal attacks, etc. Even though it may occasionally be perplexing why a post/thread disappears, in the long run, it makes this board GREAT! In my personal opinion, Sonya does an AMAZING job of keeping this board a place worthy of visiting daily!!

:nworthy::nworthy::nworthy:

Now, let's move back on topic so THIS thread does not get deleted. :peace::wink2:

16. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Years ago a drunk guy in the third floor apartment above me passed out while filling his bathtub. Probably about midnight. As it overflowed the water found its way into and through the ceiling below his bathroom. That was the second floor bathroom. That water wasn't pouring into the second-floor bathtub, unfortunately, so it found its way into and through the ceiling below that bathroom. That was the first floor bathroom. My bathroom. I heard the sound of water trickling through the ceiling fan about 12:45 a.m., and that trickle turned into a modest stream. I was able to capture a lot of it with an empty plastic bin.

Then I called the 224-hour maintenance line and a dude had to make his way to our building to find out ol' Steve was passed out with his water running. I'd hate to see the bill they gave him for the repair costs of the ceilings in the two bathrooms. Imagine if I had been passe out at 12:45 a.m. -- what a disaster that could have been.

17. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The important takeaway here is that Elvis Costello & The Roots opened at Brooklyn Bowl. Positive sign of good things to come at the BB. :thumbsup:

In regards to the flooding the room thing, well let's just say that sh*t happens.

Cheers.

18. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By the way, it appears that was a Tower One Bedroom Suite at MGM Grand...

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.