1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bus Passes at 7/11 near Ellis

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Dewey090, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    7 Eleven - 4158 KOVAL NR FLAMINGO

4158 Koval Lane

(702) 734-8604.

I called tonight to check the details.
    They do sell the 15 or 30 day RCT passes, but they were out of them today, so call ahead.
    They do not offer any reduced fare prices, so seniors will have to buy a pass at other locations like the SSTT, BTC or Walgreen's downtown.

2. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    are all 7/11's now selling bus passes?

3. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks dewey!

5. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been following your posts and this topic for quite some time now.

The reason I am posting now is for our up coming May trip of 5 Nights. I feel confident now, the 15 day pass is good for the strip, that we will use, in addition to the residential, that we will also use. We are going to use a $20 three day, and have to suck it up and walk the remainder.

We will not spend time to go to the Downtown main terminal to get an ID and pass. Just not worth it (for us). However, if we can get the 15 day for about the same money, why the hell not! Plus, gives a mental relief just knowing we have the extra day.

Arrive Sunday, purchase 3 day pass Monday afternoon, and we are good. But now it looks like we might need extra for a Thursday night dinner. Still confused? Should we plan on walking for that last night (or spend $8 for another 24 hour pass), or a place to get the 15 day pass on, or near the strip? :confused:

6. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

How much luggage will you have? Dewey told me one can take the 109 south from airport to the SSTT and buy the passes there with a cc.

7. Nomoneywoman

Nomoneywoman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just called the main terminal and ask about a reduced fare. Was told that since I am not a Nevada resident that I could not get an a photo id & it was not needed to get a reduced fair. I can show my Medicare card at any 7-11 or Walgreens & get a reduced fair pass. I had asked about the 15 day pass for that was what I am interested in. Of course before I go & would suggest as others have call first to make sure but that is what I was told.

8. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you happen to buy one at the 7 11 near Ellis Island and you do get a reduced fare, could you post that here and also drop me a PM. I talked to them on the phone and they said they do not sell reduced fare passes. But it was only one phone call.

9. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is very hard for other folks to micromanage your trip because we don't know what is worth what to you.
    However, if I was unwilling to get the photo ID and the pass at BTC, and I only needed to cover going to dinner on the strip and back, I'd not pay $8 a piece to do that. $16 goes a good ways toward a cab. I'd walk to supper and cab back.

I'd also reconsider heading down to the BTC for an ID that will be good for the next 5 years. Think about how much of this sort of confusion that one bus trip would save you on all future trips.

What SweetCanadian says(109 to SSTT) is true, but you won't get the reduced price 15 day pass from a machine unless you have a photo RTC ID to insert and bring up the reduced fare menu.
    If you are looking for a reduced price 15 day pass, and want to use a Medicare card for ID on the bus, you must buy your pass from a live person vendor that supplies that. At the SSTT you use a machine, but need the photo ID to bring up the menu in order to buy the pass. The only place to get the photo ID is at the BTC downtown.

You can look at the list of vendor's and try to find one that is near where you are intending to go on Monday. If you can manage to buy a 15 day reduced fare, you can use your Medicare card on the bus in place of the photo ID. However, most of us get the photo ID because we can get it at 60 years old, long before we get Medicare.
    There is no difference in using a 15 day pass between you and a local. The same rules apply. However, locals generally have a vendor close to where they live and can easily buy a 15 day pass. Tourists seldom have a vendor close to where they stay unless they stay downtown.
    Locals also have the option of using the 24 hour residential pass on all buses, including the strip buses. They simply need to have a local ID to do that. So there is a huge difference between locals and tourists when considering 24 hour passes.

One other option is to take the 109 going North and get off at Flamingo. In that area is an Albertson's that sells the 15 day pass in person. You buy it and take the 202 down Flamingo to the strip if that is close to your hotel.

10. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, got it and thanks.

11. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Given Keno's experience at the SSTT, this thread needs to be amended with updated information.
    His RTC photo ID would not bring up the reduced fare menu on the machine at SSTT. An employee helped him and the machine would not bring it up.
    So, I'm thinking that the 109 route South to the SSTT for a senior pass is not a very good idea.

Also, I had not noticed that at the SSTT you must take the Deuce or the SDX depending on the time of day. Both buses won't be there. The Deuce merely takes over from 12:30 to 9 AM because at those hours the SDX does not run.
    For most of us that means that if we go to the SSTT and want to access the strip, we should look for the SDX and not wait for the Deuce. See the notes on the schedule here:

http://www.rtcsnv.com/wp-content/uploads/routes/2013/SDX(07-07-13).pdf

12. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought my 15 day pass from that very 7/11 in October last year. I think I may have posted this on cartoonp's bus pass thread. I do remember the assistant that day said they were out of senior passes, not that they did not stock them.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.