1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vdara pull out sofa in deluxe room?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by joshrocker, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Vdara's deluxe room do they all have pull out queen sofa beds?

We found a great price in a southwest vacation package and the description includes the sofa beds. On Vdara's website however it doesn't mention the sofa beds in their basic suites. It mentions them in the step up Vdara suite.

There will be 3 of us sharing a room so the sofa bed would be a must since the bedrooms only have a king bed.

Also, are these true suites with a separate living and bedroom? Is the kitchen a separate area?

Thanks for any help.

2. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure the Deluxe Room is the only room there that does not have a pullout couch.

The second lower room (they consider, anyway...all are nice) is the Vdara Suite and it does have the pull out queen sofa bed.

3. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All rooms other than the Deluxe have the separate living areas and kitchen.

I recommend just getting either the Executive Corner or the Panoramic room for three of you. 800+ square feet and plenty of room, really.

The only difference between those two is that, in the Panoramic, you have an additional wall of windows overlooking the west and you would have access to the bathroom from the living room/kitchen area (in the Executive Corner there is only one entrance into the bathroom through the actual bedroom).

4. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have slept on the Vdara pullout before and let's just say it was the worst sleeping space I've ever slept on. No amount of booze could make that pullout sofa comfortable. I'd think twice about relying on someone sleeping on one of those unless of course you don't like that person much!:evillaugh

5. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for mentioning this. I meant to post it in the original question because that was the plan.

Sounds like this won't work for us. It was at the top of our budget and since it's just a guys trip we REALLY don't NEED the nicer room. This had caught our eye because sharing a king bed is better than sharing a queen bed and the pull out couch would have been the substitute for the missing 2nd bed. The extra money to upgrade to the next suite isn't worth it to us.

The rooms look really nice though and it was cheaper then Aria's options. If I come back to town with my wife this would be a top choice for me.

6. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The room was outstanding aside from the sofa bed which you could feel every spring in the mattress. Would seem to be a great place to stay if you are solo or a couple and sharing the single bed. For a guys trip, save the money and get a room with 2 queens at NY-NY or MGM and treat yourself to a nice dinner with the savings.

7. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never slept on a comfortable pull out sofa. I had hoped that a 5 star resort would have been the exception.

Personally, since it's a guys trip, i'm content staying as cheap as possible. I was trying to talk them into Circus Circus originally but one of them wised up (Curse you review sites!) and wanted something nicer.

The 2nd choice option at the moment is Luxor because I can use MyVegas comps for those days (every other option besides Circus Circus and Excalibur is not available for our dates). Flamingo and Harrah's are a couple of other options being thrown around.

8. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did Harrah's for my bach party last July and Oct. 2012 trip. With 3 guys just get the Deluxe Double Queen room and rotate where each guy gets the 2nd queen bed by themselves for 1 night if it's a 3 or more nights trip.

9. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's 3 of us and 3 nights so that was the plan. You get the bed by yourself one night and share the other 2. Harrah's is on our short list. Location being a big factor for one of my friends. We're not loyal to any players club so most everything is on the table. One friend wanted something a little nicer (we stayed at the Plaza before the recent renovation last trip and the room was very rough and dirty, so he's been scarred), one wants a good location (and REALLY wants to be on the strip), and I want cheap (i'd rather gamble the extra money).

10. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have the third buddy just sleep on the sofa (unless he's 6'5" +).

Those Vdara sofa's are very comfortable.

The sofa bed in the Signature 1 Bedroom Balcony is comfortable and that place is probably the best value for your buck in Las Vegas.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Vegas and doing a pull out sofa is wrong. Worse than bad VP pay tables. Worse than 6:5 blackjack. Worse than...

Why would anyone do this?

12. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a guys trip when you'll only be in the room for a handful of hours at the most.....Sleeping on a pull out sofa for 1 night each doesn't sound all that terrible.

6/5 BJ is still much worse!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.