1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello from Oregon

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by jennelemt, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jennelemt

jennelemt Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

My name is Jennel. Ive been lurking for a little while now, and figured I would finally introduce myself. I am a Paramedic from Oregon. I used to live about 4 hours away from Vegas so made frequent trips..However I was under 21, and spent a lot of time at places like MGM, and Circus Circus. I have only really been back less then a handful of times since "becoming of age" haha :beer:

Now, the fiance and I are planning for a late summer trip to Vegas to get married and honeymoon. We hope to stay center strip about 5 days to see at least 4 shows (one magic, one Cirque, one sexy and blue man group) plus a few other attractions such as the Shark Reef and Stratosphere rides as well as gamble as much as we can, drink as much as we can...

To top it all off, I want to save as much money as we can haha. I plan to take advantage of MyVegas, coupons, 2 for 1 deals, players clubs, free play and as many deals as we can.

Our dates are fairly flexible, so I'm waiting for a good airline deal. Mid week works well for us, so a hotel stay should be cheaper. I would love to stay at Caesars or Bellagio. However, the cheaper the room the better...just not the Quad. I'm leaning towards mirage/TI/PH. We definitely plan to use the $20 trick.

I am considering theweddingwagon, or customlasvegasweddings for the marriage part.

Anyway, I look forward to learning all the ropes from everyone here!

Thanks
    Jennel

2. Kjell28

Kjell28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome..
    I stumbled upon this board last year...been a valuable tool!
    I'm also in OR (Eugene) and usually get RT on Allegiant for $100-150RT ..they'll nickel and dime you to death, so keep an eye on that. If you're closer to PDX you should have plenty of options for cheap fares.

3. jennelemt

jennelemt Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, I am also near Eugene, and everytime I have went to PDX to save money, I've always hated having to make the drive!!! Thanks for letting me know about allegiant. I have been watching their fares!

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! Good luck on the planning & trip. Congrats on the upcoming wedding too!!

5. Kjell28

Kjell28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guess we're neighbors haha...I'm actually in Creswell.

Allegiant is what it is, a budget airline. I've never had issues when going to Vegas, it's a direct flight and bought enough in advance or last minute can be fairly cheap too!

6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Creswell. Good golf course there.

Go Ducks!!

7. ChristaU

ChristaU Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am actually in Albany so look for those Allegiant deals (Bend or Eugene) and Spirit has some pretty decent flights from Portland. Welcome!:thumbsup:

8. Kjell28

Kjell28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha yeah...Emerald Valley!
    I haven't played much the last year or so....maybe this summer I can see more green time....I lived Caddyshack for a year when I was in CA and worked @ San Jose Country Club ...one of the best views of the valley from the 4th tee box....I remember a young Christina Kim pelted me a few times in the range cart haha...she was probably 12 and could out drive all of us in the cart barn!

9. SonOfSandsFan

SonOfSandsFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome Jennel!

Welcome to the board, and congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

You will certainly find a lot of good info here, particularly on how to find the best deals on rooms, activities, etc. When I stay at the strip I usually stay at a Ceasar's property since I'm a Total Rewards member. Even without a comp, their mid-week rates are pretty reasonable (Harrah's, Quad, Bally's).

Not too sure what the board has to offer on planning a Vegas wedding, but I'm sure there are a number of folks that have done it and could share their experiences.

My personal expertise is in the gambling and drinking as much as you can categories... though most don't need any advice on how to do that.

Congrats again, hope you guys have a great trip and win a ton! Look forward to reading about it in a trip report. :cool:

10. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a "recovering" Oregonian/Eugenian, as I like to say. Played MANY a round at the Weed (Laurelwood) and Deerhorn, and when we were feeling flush, Tokatee was a real treat. Looking forward to our Cascade golf junket this summer!!

If you get into town, have a pint for me at Rennie's.

11. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

12. Kjell28

Kjell28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahha yes, Rennies...love their Bloody Mary's! The Weed...yup you certainly were a Eugenian! One of these days I'll leave and be recovering too...google 'Whoville' Eugene...might give you a good laugh.

13. jennelemt

jennelemt Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the welcome everyone!

and Ken "GO DUCKS!!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.