1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

April 17th -> Thirsty 3rd Thursday Pub Crawl

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by Lady Fortuna, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Event: Pub crawl
    Date/Time: April 17th @ 7pm
    Price: $20 (incl. 6 drinks)

On April 17th we will join the Thirsty 3rd Thursday Pub Crawl, starting off at 7pm at Hennessey's Downtown.

Price is only $20 and that gets you 6 drinks at 6 different bars, one 1/2 off entrée and one 1/2 off appetize. You sign up for the crawl at the first bar just before it starts (I think you have to show an ID). There you will get a drink coupon for each bar they take you to and you can get almost every type of drink you want (except probably expensive brands and such).

Last year I did this on my last evening/night in Vegas and we had a blast! We met a lot of nice people and several of them said they had done it many times already and never had a bad experience. I was a bit worried ahead of time, that there would only be a bunch of drunk guys, but that was not at all the case. It was a very mixed crowd, more ladies than men and of various ages (i.e. a group of single girls in their twenties and a lot of couples and singles in their thirties/forties and older).

:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Prior to the crawl we will have lunch at 2:30pm followed by happy hour at 4pm at Pampas Brazilian Grille (Miracle Mile Shops @ Planet Hollywood). Anyone who wants to join is very welcome! Please let me know ahead of time though, in case I need to make reservations. From Kiwicol and vegasnut I already know they will be there for lunch. And sweetcanadian & husband and crapsguy5000 will join for happy hour.

From Pampas we will take a taxi straight to Hennessey's. As we are with 6 persons already, we will arrange a mini-van cab. I did a bit of research and it will be around $30 (incl tip) for the ride, so that comes down to $5 per person.

In case you don't want to join at Pampas, we plan to be at Hennessey's around 6:30pm to gather for the crawl. You can find us on the terras outside in front of the bar.

:beer:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  2. Kiwicol

Kiwicol Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Subject to my April trip covering the 17th I am in. the pre bar meal at the Brazillian grill sounds fantastic as well.

Thanks for being the organizer :drunk:

3. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I am in vegas on the 17th, im there!

4. Lady Fortuna

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YEAH!! :woohoo:

5. Lady Fortuna

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you will! :drunk:

6. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know My husband & i are in already.

$22 is more than i want to spend on a meal my last night in vegas (prob will be a bit broker than when we arrive lol) but the happy hour looks to have good prices so that works for me.

Thanks for organizing this!! We will be able to leave vegas on a high note even if we lose gambling.

7. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may be able to meet you guys downtown for the pub crawl. Depends on where I'm staying I guess.
    First 2 nights I have comped at Rio, my next 2 nights are still waiting for offers to come in; which would fall on the 17th. It's a tie between downtown or South Strip. If I'm downtown, then for sure heck yeah!

BTW, Dave and Judy did mention that you are a lot of fun to hang out with! :evillaugh

8. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we are staying south strip and will still make it, although we have to leave the hotel middle of afternoon lol.

9. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you are either walking or taking The Deuce there! :evillaugh

If I'm staying at the Luxor (next door to you guys), then I may get a 24 hour RTC pass and take the SDX from Mandalay Bay for $8. I'll have a car, but sure as hell not going to drive after an evening in a pub crawl. :beer:

After further research; walking over to the MGM and taking the WAX for $2 each way is the best deal yet, and even faster than the SDX as well. But, the last stop for the WAX to leave downtown is 10:30pm. After that time it's back on the SDX and it runs until midnight. The 24 hour $8 pass gets you on either one.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  10. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are talking about meeting up for supper beforehand, possibly at PHO i think, then would take the bus. Ya it takes a bit of time but it is cheap so......... the duece coming back (vs sdx) i can't imagine to be too packed late at night on a thursday in april but who knows lol.

11. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Decided to go early and hang out downtown a bit. Haven't been down there the last 2 trips, so the pub crawl gives me another reason to go downtown. :drunk:

12. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There ya go!! I think it will be a good night

13. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be there too, last year when we did the pub crawl it was fun :beer::drunk:

14. Lady Fortuna

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey sweetcanadian, Kiwicol, user3657, Smo and vegasnut (my dear buddy from Holland!), great that you will all join!
    I think it will be a night to remember (if we can remember anything at all)! :drunk:

The plan is to have lunch (menu) at 2:30pm followed by happy hour (menu) at 4pm at Pampas Brazilian Grille (MM shops / PH).

Anyone who wants to join is very welcome! Please let me know ahead of time though, in case I need to make reservations.
    From Kiwicol and vegasnut I already know they will be there for lunch. And sweetcanadian & husband will join for happy hour.

Otherwise we'll meet you around 6:30pm at Hennessey's Downtown for the crawl.

From Pampas we will take a taxi straight to Hennessey's. Depending the amount of people, we can arrange a mini-van cab.

:beer:

NOTE: I saw that the Groupon for Pampas lunch is currently sold out. Will keep an eye on it and let you know when availabe again.

15. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The plan sounds good, everyone gets the best of both. We can't check into MC until 3 so will come over soon as we check in. We will not have cell phones so it is a good thing i have seen your picture lol.

16. crapsguy5000

crapsguy5000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in

I'll be there. Won't make the lunch meeting but will see you all at happy hour.

17. Lady Fortuna

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's great! :woohoo:

18. Lady Fortuna

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BTW: Forgot to mention, I did a bit of research and from PH to Hennessey's the taxi will be about $30 (incl tip). Not sure how much more it will be if we're stuck in traffic, but since we are with 6 persons already, I don't think it will be more than 5-7 Dollar per person.

19. Kiwicol

Kiwicol Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Lady Fortuna

just to confirm I am still on for the pubcrawl - I havent been around VMB much recently for various reasons - but I will be in Vegas and look forward to meeting you and all the others !:beer:

Col

PS - the taxi seems the way to go when there are a few of us to keep the price reasonable , and gives us more time eating and drinking rather than worrying about buses...

20. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or we all take the deuce
    I thought u guys were frugal.:evillaugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.