1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

mlife pearl vs gold

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Tammy58, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Up until last year we had always been CET people, so I am still getting use to mlife's differences. I will hit Gold in April during our trip. Will I see any difference in our discounted room rates after that? Looking at a June trip and really don't want to wait until we return to book our room. Unless of course I am going to see a difference in the discounted rates offered. From their website the only difference I see (that we might be interested in) is access to certain vip lines....checkin and cafe. Thanks for any info :peace:

2. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the offers are more dependent on how much you play (ex: coin-in) more than what your card level is. You get tier points at MLife properties, also, for every dollar you spend on their properties (if you show your card).

We have been gold for the last few years and our offers vary. We will get offers for a couple nights comped at Mirage or Mandalay Bay (places we stay and play), or discounted room rates. I know others know way more about how MLife rolls, but we aren't high level players and I just wanted to share what our experience has been.

I do have to add, that the line pass at the buffet and the separate check in line has been a major time saver for us.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was MLife Platinum a couple of years ago and then fell to Pearl on Oct 1 of last year. If I remember, the Pearl Tier Discount was either 15 or 20%..

I re-reached Gold on a trip a few weeks ago.

When I had been Platinum, my Mlife Tier Discount was 25% at all properties except MGM Grand, where it was 20%. There were a few exceptions; some hotels never discount certain suites, and certain suites would be discounted on some dates but not others. I never really noticed what the discount had been at Gold.

But now that I'm Gold again, my Tier Discount is 25% at all properties (with the same types of exceptions for certain suites at certain properties).

My advice would be to book for June as soon as you cross the tier threshold to Gold.

I suppose the thing you have to wonder then is, if the Pearl discount is still 15% and the Gold is 25%, will rates for June go up by more than 14% by the time you reach Gold.

For example, if a room rate is $100 today, and you apply a 15% discount, you get it for $85.

If, by the time you reach Gold, it's gone up to $114, and you apply a 25% discount, you get it for $85.50

Also, if Josie or any other Platinum member sees this, can you tell us what your Tier Discount % is?

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My platinum discount is 25%, including MGM.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting, thanks. I wondered if maybe they had bumped it up to 30%. I wasn't expecting to see 25% at Gold. I had been Gold for a period of time a couple of years ago, but never looked at the tier discount then.

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to have to take my answer back. After your post, I checked the lower tiered properties and at Excalibur, my discount is 45%. So obviously it depends on the property. I've only ever looked at the higher end properties and it's always been 25%.

It looks like with the exception of Luxor and Excalibur, they are a straight 25%. Luxor and Excalibur were all over the place. I had one as low as 36% and one as high as 53%.

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm Pearl, and I don't really seem to get anything too special except the buffet line pass. Get 10% discount at Retail (Everywhere asked me for my Mlife card last week, which seemed new to me... before nobody ever asked to see it, and if I flashed it they didn't get it... at retail or restaurants), and I feel like i'm earning tier credits faster.

I feel like I am getting slightly better room deals in my Mlife account, I'm still not getting comps though. I think it's just the way I travel though (many short trips a year) Also I feel like they treat me a little better when I need to flash my card for something haha but maybe that's just in my head LOL.

I mean with Gold earning 20% on credits and retail is a pretty big deal. The priority check in is HUGE especially at like MGM where check in is a nightmare.

8. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold has a tier multiplier bonus of 20%, but the retail discount is only 10%. I wish it was 20%, then Platinum would be 25% :), but unfortunately, it's only 15%.

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most MGM properties have publicly available discount codes for 20% - 30% off at any given time, and some include throw-ins like resort credit. Aria had a ridiculous deal this winter with a free view upgrade and $50/day resort credit up to $250.

When I just want a standard room, I can usually get it comped.

To me, the benefit of the Tier Discount comes when booking suites - not all publicly available offers include or will display all room types in the regular hotel booking engine, but on the MLife website, you can book any type of room.

10. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I have the one bedroom loft suite booked at the Vdara and I got the 25% discount on it. It makes quite a difference in the price.

11. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that is why I was wondering about the discounts. We tend to book suites. Some you can get through Smartervegas cheaper and some you can't. So hopefully after I move up to gold from pearl I will see rooms at another 5% off.

12. 7out7

7out7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just received as awesome upgrade to a penthouse at Mandalay Bay checking in with my gold card. Just one of those makes a huge difference to me, not to mention the separate check in line.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.