1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Macker and Gaggles Show, with Big Sack and the Drunken Preacher... A Live TR

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by macker69, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Well friends it's about that time again to start up some pretrip banter for our trip next week. I will email Sonya to get it moved to the trip report section before we go. Let's start of by introducing the crew...First, two very well known VMB posters and notorious live trip report slackers...Macker and Gaggles. We are to be joined by Big Sack, the drunken preacher and my Dad. The drunken preacher has been on a few notable trip reports from BeeeJay, but has been given that name after he put on a sermon to us in a limo on the way downtown. Something about life, god and gambling, that you could barely understand because either he was homeless drunk or speaking in tongues...To this day I am still not sure. Big Sack is a regular on our trips and usually quietly plays Bonus Poker or is glued to a chair in the poker room. Now you might be thinking...really Macker your Dad? Well let me tell you something my Dad is a senior version of me, except he can't handle his alcohol nearly as well. As Gaggles put it, my Dad is a "cool cat". So it is with no shame that I proudly say he is coming, but I do hope he can avoid the debacle that was Fremont Street on his last trip. Something about him grabbing Gaggles girlfriend's ass, then falling asleep on the patio at the Golden Nugget Starbucks with Americano and his new IPhone on the table, with a $50 cuban cigar burning in his hand still. Ah well, no harm, no foul.

Our Trip begins next Wednesday, February 19th with an afternoon trip after work to the ski resort town of Whitefish, MT. This is about a 3 hour drive for us, but luckily Gaggles has a friend who has graciously given us use of his cabin on the hill for the night. Then it's a quick 2 hour flight the next day out of GPI and land in Vegas at noon. Then it's off to the Cosmo where my dad and I are booked for night one. I figured there is no way a quarter playing vp player like me is gonna get comped there again so I jumped on it, even it is only for one night. I am double booked at Ballys in the newly renovated jubilee tower, which I am really looking forward to seeing. I love gambling in Ballys, so if these rooms are what I've been told I'm looking forward to many more fruitful stays here. The reason I double booked was so there was no waiting for check in after checking out of Cosmo.

No real other set plans other than the tradition of a night downtown at Golden Gate and the D, supplemented by the fact that our host will send a limo for us to go gamble down there for a night. There is a UFC fight on the 22, but the card is pretty shitty and I was just at the GSP fight in November. Other than that I will have a data package on my phone, so will definitely be posting updates as we go. You can also follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/vegasmacker for updates as well. This trip is all about drinking and gambling, so sit back and enjoy the ride.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This oughtta be fun!!! Have a BLAST!!!

3. MTMONGO

MTMONGO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You going to ski the Big Mountain? What airlines you taking out Kalispell that is nonstop?

4. vegasmacker

Trips to Las Vegas:

Allegiant flies nonstop to Vegas and San Fran. No time to ski, but will hopefully be back this year for at least one day down the mountain. Went skiing there for first time last year and loved it.
    Year

5. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did not hear any mention of Gaggles bringing BNK does this mean he is flying solo this trip?!

Macker I maybe stalking you guys, since I will be next door at Paris suffering thru 3.5 days of a 7 day trip with MF'er (Mrs. Funkhouser), my bro-inlaw and extended family. I suspect I will be drowning myself at the Bally's bartops on Saturday while the wife wipes out what sheckles uncle sam has returned to us shopping at Crystals.

I will put the APB out to Donny to double pour that shit for you! Not a fan of the new Ballys poker room but if the fish are swimming I may wade in for a 2/5 NL if I spot Gagles or be on the look out for a Monster Roll at one of the craps tables. BTW keep gaggles off those Bellagio progressive banks, my tally has him down on those F'ers in 2013.

Good luck boys!

6. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Macker can't wait for the TR and I'm sure twitter posts will be great !!!

7. vegasmacker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a boys trip :beer: No need to have the women cramping our style while we hit on the hookers :wink2: After saying that I feel sorry for you. I'm sure you can find me at Sullys most nights, but I must say that since the Indigo Lounge has closed for renovations the vibe has changed because of the lack of live music. If it wasn't for Rick and Donny I would move my play to Caesars Seahorse Lounge.

I did forget to mention that I am really looking forward to trying the bartops at Osheas as I think I will dig the vibe given what I've seen online, minus the light up beer pong tables :beer:

8. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hitting on hookers? Isn't that generally the other way around? I'm not sure one has to throw out a lot of game or have a lot of game where the ladies of the night are concerned.

Yes, it is a drunken, slobbery, knock down, two bucket puking, low rent, cast that will be attending. And I believe Macker failed to mention our other friend who is attending who's degeneracy is only surpassed by Beejay.

Our last trip with him he was up about $2000 the first night and was hitting the bank machine by the next afternoon. Now that might not seem like a lot to some of you but he is a .25 VP player and a $5 three card poker player. That's almost hard to lose that much money plus your starting bankroll (I think it was around $1000) in about 20 hours. And he did go to bed in there as well. Maybe we should call him "T".

I Like to Drink and Gamble
  9. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brother and I are flying in the morning of the 21st, Staying at the Monte Carlo, double booked 2 comped nights at Flamingo to check it out and have a place to crash near Carnaval Court should the need arise. :beer: Not to mention I'm a low roller and haven't gotten squat from MLife but with very little play CET is offering me nights. May as well check it out.

Fly back out the morning of the 25th. I'll cyberstalk you on Twitter :evillaugh same name as on here.

10. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BTW...Didn't Gaggles stay in the Ballys Jewblulee tower once already?
    I am booked in Red Room at ParisLV but doubt I can get a suite upgrade due to front end offer. Wondering if I should switch it up, drop the free play and try to score a Jewblulee suite. Figuring availability would be tough on a Saturday.

Gaggles what was the level of bodily fluid and carpet stains in the Jewblulee tower, was housekeeping up to snuff?

11. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was booked in a Resort Room at PH for this trip but used a host to switch to Bally's because everyone was there. She also gave me a suite on the tower facing the strip. I'm not sure what those are called as I am dumb but it's one of those rooms with the two big tub in the middle of the room.

I also got a little freeplay. It's only $100 but I did manage to turn $50 freeplay at the Golden Gate into a $25-2600 progressive Royal in 2012 so anything can happen.

I liked the rooms but I have always been a fan of the North Tower of Bally's before the reno. Had she not given me a suite I would have stayed at the Resort room in PH because I love the size of the bathrooms there.

And I am sorry to break it to Mr. Macker but my friends house is not on the ski hill. It's a house in the town limits. Having said that, it is about double the size of my own house with a ridiculously large fireplace and outdoor hot tub so I think we will be quite fine with it.

I Like to Drink and Gamble
  12. throwbackid

throwbackid Guest

Dude I can't wait. I'll text you friday night to see where you'll are partying. I'll have to ditch the ole lady but like I said she always passes out early the first night.

13. vegasmacker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Macker and Gaggles Show, with Big Sack and the Drunken Preacher...A Live TR

First...I had forgotten that T was a last minute addition to the roster...second, the reason I thought Gaggles friend's house was on the hill was cause that's what he told me, but to be fair he was too drunk to function at the time...I was drunk to, so perhaps he said it was by the mountain. Not that I really care, cause it's sure beats having to drive up in the morning or being in a cheap motel.

Now back to T...if you gave him and BeeeJay 10k each and said go to town he would definitely give BeeeJay a run for his money. Once we took him to a new "preppy" tap house in our city. If was clear after we walked in that we did not fit the norm. We got a drink but didn't really see a waitress after that. So instead of flagging one down T slams both fists down on the table and yells "I'm Captain Jack Sparrow bring me my rum". I shit you not that's what he screamed and that was the end of our stay in that bar.

Definitely throwback kid...should be a gooder

14. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will you finish whatever TR you start? Please....pretty please? :poke:

15. vegasmacker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I promise lol. I have no doubt given our crew that there will be some hilarious stories that need to be told. I make no guarantees in regards to Gaggles finishing...He's old and sometimes he gets drunk and it just doesn't happen :poke:

16. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if this is the drunken preacher then i am pretty sure i know how he could lose that money as i personally sat with him as he doubled down a $500 blackjack hand with a 14 vs dealer 17. (and yes he won)..

17. vegasmacker

Trips to Las Vegas:

I think it's harder to play craps with him...middle of a hot roll he yanks everything and tells us every roll is gonna be a 7. He did that at Caesars palace to us once and got told to fuck off and the dude rolled for 30 more minutes and a couple G for gaggles and I later. In his defence he went to an empty $25 table then proceeded to play all night before coming back to the room to throw a $5k wrap of Benjamin's at me telling me just recouped his losses for the trip, like 15 minutes before we needed to check out and head to the airport. He was so drunk, it remains a mystery to me how he was allowed to board the plane.

18. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good news. The Indigo lounge is open and is beautiful. Spent many hours with Rick and Donny over SB week. :beer: Enjoy your debauchery.

Beth

19. vegasmacker

Trips to Las Vegas:

Live music back to the way it was???

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  20. throwbackid

throwbackid Guest

Man is this week gonna drag ass or what? Macker i'll shoot you a text when around midnight Friday, hopefully you guys are sober enough to tell me where you'll are. At least there is a new Walking Dead on tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.