1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone ever use EZ to rent a car?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Grid, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went through the rent a car thread and didnt see anything on them. It looks like they are actually in the terminal correct? No need to hop on a shuttle and make the 3 mile drive to the rent a center and walk to the other guys.

Looks like they are the cheapest option. For a week they are only $120 with all taxes and fees ($70.00 with out). So if they are cheap, and actually at the terminal, this would be a no brainer correct?

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

EZ is located in the airport rental facility right next to payless. I notice that they usually have the lowest rates (next to payless and Fox). You just have to take the rental facility shuttle from the airport to get there.

I never used them (yet) but I have used payless. If they are like payless, be prepared to check your bill to make sure it comes out to the amount that you reserved it for (no extra charges). Also be prepared for the hustle to get you to pay for extras like insurance, prefill gas and other fees.

3. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never used them in Vegas, but I've used them in other cities.

They are what I expect from a discount rental place. Customer service is a little lower than the other national brands. I've had more situations when them where they didn't have the car type I wanted in stock.

If it is a $5 difference I'd go with the other places. If it is $20/day then I choose these guys.

4. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've used them several times and have never had a problem with either customer service, cars, return process or bills. Plan on using them for a five day rental next week. I would recommend that if you book with EZ that you continue to check rates leading up to your trip as I have seen them drop a bit. Easy to re-book and cancel earlier reservations.

5. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:

Ahh, so they arent at the airport? Their website says:
    "E-Z Rent-A-Car is proud to serve the Las Vegas Airport car rental market, by offering the great convenience of in terminal pickup at LAS"

Thats pretty misleading. Is there anyone thats actually in the airport? I'm traveling with a child this trip (all you no kids in vegas people leave me alone) and I just assume not have to pack up a stroller, get on a shuttle and spend an hour from the airport to the offsite facility to get a car.

6. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are no car rentals in McCarran airport. There is a car rental facility south of the airport that have pretty much all of the name brands (including EZ). A free shuttle takes you there and it's a seven-minute ride. There are other car rental agencies that are not at that facility, and you have to board a second shuttle to get to their agency. https://www.mccarran.com/Go/RentalCars.aspx

Getting back to the original question, I've booked with EZ twice in Vegas and had no problems with service, billing or the car. Last time my Hyundai Sonata had a total of 55 miles on it.

7. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used them twice now, and no real complaints. Just a couple things that you need to watch out for:

Long Lines. This is pretty self explanatory. Only 2-3 agents working counter

High Deposit. My last rental was around $125, but the hold put on my credit card was almost 3 times that. That is ridiculous, IMO. When I worked at Avis it was amount of rental plus 10%, not 200% over.

I left a really nice North Face fleece jacket in my car and getting ahold of an actual person was like pulling teeth. When I finally got someone, they couldn't find my jacket. So, there is someone in Vegas wearing my jacket. Not really EZ's fault I left something behind, but it should have been found and sent to me.

Price wise, they are usually the best in town. But that varies so shop around, and shop often, prices change every day.

8. huff1988

huff1988 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used them last time out could not beat the price.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hows the hard sell with EZ? does your bill come out to what was quoted on your reservation? Just wondering because with Payless it always seems that they add on bogus charges like a daily lock out fee, roadside assistance, etc. Then they have the dreaded prepay for a tank of gas question, always a way for payless to make a quick buck. I was wondering if EZ also does this kind of thing when you rent from them.

Also, how is the selection of rental cars? Do you have a selection of cars in your size or do they just assign you a car at the counter, if you don't like the car you either have no other choice or only 1 other car in the lot in your size?

10. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't find a hard sell at all, and both times my bill was exactly the amount that I booked it for. The car was assigned at the desk, though I remember getting a choice between two models (Hyundai or Kia, I think. This was in the intermediate category). I've rented from all the no-frills counters at McCarran (Advantage, Firefly and Payless) and EZ has been my favorite of the four.

11. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Andy, I will have to try them out one day since I also rented from Payless and Advantage before, probably couldn't be worse than Payless.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.