1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo early check-in and closest liquor store?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Lastkaii, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any experience with checking in at the Cosmo a few hours before the set check-in time? I will be arriving in Vegas around noon.

Also where is the closest liquor/convenience store? Just want to pick up a bottle of vodka/few snacks when I get there... I can't recall if there is a Walgreens close by?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have checked in early at most hotels in Vegas, including Cosmo. If they have rooms, great. If they don't, go drink and gamble.

Big Walgreens right across the street from Cosmo.

3. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in as early as 9am. Think they text me about 30 min later with room # and i was good no extra charges for doing so.

Walgreens closes liqour store across walkway

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a liquor store inside of Cosmo which would be closest, but the Walgreens across the street at Planet Hollywood would probably be cheaper.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, we have bought wine in the lobby store at Cosmo. Much larger selection at Walgreens, and I would guess better pricing.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    walgreens or cvs down the block

7. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about cigars? Don't need anything special, just would like to pick some up. Might as well take advantage of that balcony.

8. jmtrudeau

jmtrudeau Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Word of caution about walgreens and CVS on the strip. They DO NOT have regular Walgreens or CVS prices, their prices tend to be inflated 200-300% over a standard CVS. Best deals I've found for a short walk would be the ABC stores and there is one in the Miracle Miles @ Planet Hollywood on the same side as the Pinks Hot Dogs or the Gold Coast Liquor store has some good deals (although I can't speak for recent experience, nor do I know if the GC liquor store is even still open). A few years back on my 30th birthday we packed a bottle of 30yr Glenfiddich in the checked bags and it thankfully made it there in one piece (back then it was a $320 bottle now tends to hover north of $400)

9. AZYankee

AZYankee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are also 2 ABC Stores inside Planet Hollywood. The prices are more reasonable there than in the majority of the hotel gift shops. They have liquor, soda, all sorts of snacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.