1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas newbie to myvegas

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by morty420, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morty420

morty420 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just downloaded my vegas on my i pphone .. how ever i do not have facebook . I was wondering how this site/ game works

How do you redeem your points etc .. and how many points or what ever it is you need before you can actually get anything for it .. how long does it take etc
    which places participate in this
    any info is great.. like I said I JUST downloaded it .

2. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will have to have a FB acct to play it, if you dont then its worthless. The iphone app is basically just a helper for the game on FB, majority of your chips and lp's(money) will be gained by playing on facebook itself, not the iphone app!

also only mgm properties work with it, since its their game. It takes about 3 months to get to a point of getting anything really good, used to be alot faster but they have changed it alot since the beginning. You redeem all your stuff right in the app, it shows you what you can get in rewards, and better ones pop up as you move up in levels.

in 2012 I had over 100k in lp's within a month and a half, and got some great stuff for free on my last trip. I started playing again in late Oct or early Nov this year and only have about 60k lp's, so it takes alot of work, you have to play it everyday, or log in and spin the wheel at the very least!

3. morty420

morty420 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ya , i do not have a facebook account .. I do have the m life account ..I will be going to vegas in March . .. So basically not much point in worrying about it or wasting my time ?

4. xan51090

xan51090 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just open a facebook account to play the game. That's what my husband and daughter-in-law did. It doesn't cost anything. We stayed 4 nights on the Strip this past September and have 4 more nights this coming September thanks to MyVegas.

5. morty420

morty420 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not interestedin opening fb account .. thought it could be done with out it .. o well !

6. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, if you're going in March and don't want to play it on Facebook, you more than likely will not have enough time to accumulate enough Loyalty Points for anything worth while.

7. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Free Guacamole, yo!

8. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Start a FB account with any name "MyVegas" is a very popular last name these days. Add friends who can help you chip up when low. Play every day for the wheel bonus and you should be able to get 2 or 3 of the 2 for 1 buffets

9. joeynym

joeynym Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    u can make a 100% private fb page, with no pictures.....

10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can play without Facebook! You can get a lot of chips on the app if you dedicate the time. I personally would want the security of them being linked incase something happens to my phone.

11. zNaturaL

zNaturaL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got about 50k LPs since December 21. You can get enough to get some decent rewards. No reason not to try.

12. lisaloveslv

lisaloveslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you can play without Facebook, but you won't be able to redeem your loyalty points.

13. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely helps doing the Facebook thing. I started playing the phone app about 2 weeks ago and after joining VMB, I read all about the actual game (I don't care for Facebook so I didn't have one). I created a FB account just for the game and it has tripled my LP in 3 days. Our next Vegas trip is not until December so we should have a decent amout by then I think. Now I just need to figure out how the heck this sharing and neighboring stuff works on the FB game! :confused2:

14. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I need to do whatever you are doing. That seems like so many when I only have around 18k!

15. zNaturaL

zNaturaL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol I'm not sure what I'm doing. I play on mobile and on fb.

I mostly collect chips in the AM before work and get my chips/daily spin after work. then bet mostly 300-600. I think the mobile helps build up LPs pretty quickly. There's also a site on fb that has links to thousands and thousands of free chips from the resorts if you haven't found that one yet. Sometimes they'll have an occasional 1000 LPs in there also. The group on FB that I joined is Myvegas Mega Chip share, then all the chip links are listed on the first post in the comments..

16. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started playing MV in June 2013. I created a FB page just so I can play the game. I just opened the MV app on my Kindle in December 2013.

In 7 months, I have redeemed 4 nights at the Luxor for February and 4 nights at Mandalay Bay for June.

Joining MV has been worth the ride!

17. toofunnie

toofunnie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have clicked on a couple of these links and it says I got 1000 chips or 1500 chips but none of my numbers changed:(. Am I doing something wrong or where are these chips going?

18. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The chips go toward your facebook game not the mobile. Are they showing up on the facebook version at all?

19. toofunnie

toofunnie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll have to forgive my stupidity here cause I'm fairly new to the game, but what is the difference? I guess I thought since I was linked up thru my FB it was the same:(. Not sure what I'm totally doing yet:(

20. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The loyalty points (gold coins) add up between both games, but the chips you use to play are different. You don't really get free chips for the mobile game. You get your daily spin and your hourly collection. The facebook version allows you to get free chips by clicking on links, and you also have the daily spin, and collection from strip resorts.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.