1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rose.Rabbit.Lie -- Midnight Show

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by josassoc, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rose.Rabbit.Lie was hilarious for anyone over 30. The consensus of everyone commenting as they conversed..."This place is random."

Two drinks $75 (doubles because the bar lines were ridiculous). Yes -- TWO DRINKS $75. Music was a mix of House of Pain & Kris Kross "Jump" songs -- where all the babies in the place thought they had discovered some GREAT MIX. And, then the snare drummers (yes band geeks) came out and played over another song where the baby ballers watched in rapture.

They should rename the club Daffodil.Tortoise.Bullsh!t. This "new" club is a perfect example that Cosmo dwelling 20YO's will fall for absolutely anything. But, the contortionist was good...I will admit that.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  2. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wtf 2 drinks for $75? Do they come in those special bottles that has been mentioned you can keep?
    even then massively overpriced.

3. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well! This is definitely a different review from the one I read previously. How large was the crowd? I think they meant for it to be random. Is it interesting/funny random or...why did I waste my money random?

4. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hilarious Prices!!

My husband...Jay-Z lookalike and "Vegas Pro" himself -- had to make her repeat it three times. I heard her the first time and could not stop laughing... $75/2 drinks. They were doubles supposedly...in normal size short glasses though. That night will be forever etched in my memory. When the 40YO snare guys came out...it took everything inside of me not to pull them over and ask them which Drum Corp they used to play in.

5. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A way to really enjoy this!!!

OK...Here's the way to enjoy this place....REALLY enjoy this place.

Get on the FREE guest list. Do not pay a dime!!! (1st and very important). Then, buy a couple of those little bottles of alcohol and slide them in your cleavage. When you get inside, buy a $20 glass of coke (I'm sure that is the max they could possibly charge right?). Spike your glass and watch fervently for the fun to begin. Point at some shiny object and say "Kardashian" so that the crowd amassed at the balcony will look up. Slide your way to the railing and wait for the show to start. The contortionist and singer that start it are pretty good. Then meander to the dance floor and groove to the '90's era songs they play that all of the kids have NEVER HEARD BEFORE and think are the sh!t. Wait for the drummers and LAUGH, LAUGH, LAUGH.... Then, move on knowing you only paid $20 for the "best new club" in town!!

Honestly, people are dropping massive $$ in drinks there. We got there about 10 minutes before midnight. Tickets said a specific time and we were clueless on whether we'd miss the acts if we showed up later. But, it was still pretty packed around the bars at 12:30 when the show started. Table service starts at $600 (stated at the counter/desk...probably possible to get a better deal with a host). Its more like Lagasse's type stadium seating with small tables in front & a 20-25' wide strip of level bar area surrounding/behind the stadium area. That level bar area gets crowded and its difficult to see over other people's heads. There are other dining rooms and bar areas that were more empty and offer free seating to take a break. I don't know how long they will be able to keep that place open with those prices and that type of show. I like trying new things. Rose.Rabbit.Lie was more like a watered down "The Act." But not as fun.

6. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you went to the midnight timeframe show it sounds like??

Need some more info for the dinner and 1st 8pm show before i x it off my list of passing. But wow insane for drinks. Would just get a good buzz before i guess.

7. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People we talked to who went earlier. We did 12am.

We talked to a couple who came at the 10pm dinner, and they were the ones who coined the "This place is so random" phrase. She said the acts we saw later were actually better. What!?!! But they were curious and wanted to dance, so they came back.

I'm always up to try new stuff in Vegas. My review was not meant to discourage checking it out. Just giving you and idea of what it actually is. The drink prices are exorbitant!! Pregame...pregame...pregame.

The ads were meant to pique curiousity and give no clue of what to expect. Dinner show sounds expensive ($125/each) and it looked like they cleared the place out after each time slot. So, waiting in line again would annoy me if I wanted to come back to club later. Hopefully, they have a special area for returning people to walk back in. Seriously, I would go to have a nice dinner elsewhere (Gordon Ramsay Steak...hint) that I could trust and get on Rose.Rabbit.Lie guestlist, pregame and check it out for yourself.

8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone comment on the dinner pricing?

9. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah would like to see if anything on there i would like 1st and prices

10. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

I just posted my RRL experience in the Restaurant section then saw this post.

Club Daffodil.Tortoise.Bullsh!t, whatevz, but for this 40-something old fart I enjoyed it.

Bought a drink for myself and the craps dealer I'd met earlier in the day and it was $40 for our two fancy-pants drinks. Not cheap, but I'm not a dumbass and I know what drinks cost in Vegas, and I'd happily pay it again.

I ended the night at a table at Hakkasan. Had no expectation that RRL after midnight is a Marquee or Hakk, and I would think that anyone considering RRL would know the difference.

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    40$ is expensive 30 isnt out of line. i wounder if beer is more than 10 $ if its like 20$ a beer than its stupid ,i better get a happy ending:thumbsup:

12. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  14. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for posting the menues,

drinks seem right on price line with everything nothing out of the norm

the food seems interesting , looks to be very interesting.hope its good

might have to figure out a midnight deal. see who i know to check it out:thumbsup::thumbsup::beer::beer:

it reminds me a place in nyc called the box and that was what the act was modled after.

this should be a good thing if prices dont scare people away:kiss:

15. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So this place is a club at night???

16. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lets call its a peformance art space /diiner theater/ club with differnt rooms and shows

17. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been, but I got the idea that josassoc and paper are right, it's Spiegelworld's (Absinthe) variation on The Act.

Beacher's Madhouse at MGM Grand is the same general idea.

18. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woot this is the nail in the coffin for me booked the deal for next thursday when i am in town.

Was going to purchase glad i held off!

20. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking forward to your review. I am especially interested in the crowd size!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.