1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?: Day Club vs Flamingo Pool

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by DonnyC, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

I've been intrigued by day clubs (or the idea of these pool clubs).

But when we stay at the Flamingo I feel like I probably get the same experience minus the cover and minus the high drink prices (yah at the Flamingo its a bucket of beer for like $25 or a souvenir cup (with a bunch of shots in it for about $25).

What do pool clubs offer that I am not getting at the Flamingo pool?

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a big cover charge, top name djs, over the top drunk d bags

very hot young drunk chicks, very drunk fat chicks , very drunk people.

its a party during the day same as a nite club just think pool and daylight:thumbsup:

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PERFECTLY STATED!!:nworthy:

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very, Very, Very loud music. Higher prices. A "self selected" crowd which skews toward the young, attractive, scantily clad, and drunk. No kids under 21 or very old people.

5. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only thing similar between the two is the water is wet at both places. For my money there is no single better activity in Vegas than a great day club.

6. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? I'm not big into DJ names, so I just want fun music, some good drinks and a fun crowd.

I tried Bally's pool last year and we found ourselves paying to get into the Flamingo pool...Bally's was way too subdued!

I'm just trying to figure out if for our July trip a pool day club would be worth it (me and my brother) or if the Flamingo pool is right on par.

We have been to the Flamingo pool many times so we know what that's all about, juts never a pool day club.

34 & 30 are our ages. Cover is what? Like $30-40 per person and then $15 drinks? Probably no where to sit either...we generally for go the loungers and sit on the islands at Flamingo - as that is a great place to meet people.

Flamingo pool isn't pretensions, no body is trying to be somebody, music is fun, drinks are good and nice looking people are mixed in. We are both married though so we are not looking for a hook up pool anyway.

based on that is the day club pool something I shoudl try?

7. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to Flamingo as you are spot on with your last post.

Personally we've done Wet Republic, EBC and MDC and it is a frat party on roids IMHO. Unless you are paying for a cabana, waterbed. lilypad or whatever names they want to give an area where you can sit/lay down, you are standing.

If you want to expreience it once go pre sale tickets maybe pregame a little in the morning before going and enjoy the sights and sounds. Personally Fridays are a little more low key than the weekends since the big names are dj'ing.

8. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally clueless of day clubs... that said, does Caesars have one? If so, cost of admission?

9. discin311

discin311 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    never been to a day pool club. We are doing the same thing as you just going with the Flamingo pool. Last time I was there it was fun and cheap for drinks I think they had buckets of Miller or Coors for 20 bucks can beat that in Vegas

10. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesars has the Venus pool lounge. It's not like wet, ebc, etc but it's more like an adult pool with dj and I believe it's a top optional pool. Not sure what they charge to get in there but I don't think too many ppl go in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.