1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Single guy, best bars to eat at?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Lastkaii, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going on a solo trip. Your favorite places to sit down at the bar and have a good meal?

I am staying at Cosmo.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Cosmo, I really like Holsteins for something quick and easy and if you like sushi, I think Blue Ribbon is excellent (and has a good bar for the solo diner).

Nearby, Julian Serrano at Aria is my favorite restaurant in town and there is almost always bar seating for lunch or dinner.

I Need Spa
  3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holsteins at The Cosmo for a burger. The Pub at Monte Carlo if you happen to be around during happy hour when they have cheap sliders and wings. I like stopping in there to grab an afternoon snack and a beer. Javiers at Aria for a margarita with chips and salsa is a solid move too.

4. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much all restaurants at Cosmo is very good so just check out the ambience and decide what environment or food your in a mood for before having a seat. I would recommend Jaleo for spanish tapas and dont forget about Milos lunch special! (3 course for 22 probably the best deal in town).

5. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had breakast at The Henry located right in Cosmo. Best solo bar experience I've ever had in Vegas. Although the food had much to do with that. If you're into breakfast, they have a short ribs eggs benedict that will knock your socks off. Really, it was sublime.

6. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The henry is great to grab some breakfast at the bar. Or the outlook grill at cosmo on 4th floor by the pool.

7. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always wanted to try Julian Serrano at Aria, everything sounds so delicious. Sounds like Holsteins is a favorite among the boards as well.

Will be checking out Holsteins!

Nice tip about the lunch special at Milos. Jaleo also seems neat!

The Henry sounds delicious, just had a good look at the menu. Will be going there for sure!

8. JB in MN

JB in MN Low-Roller

Recent trip I was four nights solo. Sat at the bar each night, loved it. Great conversation with patrons and/or servers.

--Julian Serrano
    --Bouchon
    --L'atelier de Joel Robuchon
    --Jaleo

If you don't want to venture far from Cosmo you can't go wrong at Jaleo (I'm a fan). Sit at the bar, order a drink and ask them to bring x number of courses/bring food till you're full.

9. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the stuff I like to hear, from someone who has experienced what I will be experiencing. This is why I love the idea of a solo trip, meeting people is awesome and Vegas is the best place for it!

10. CIrvine

CIrvine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Burger Brasserie between Paris and Bally's.

11. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These are great suggestions, I would add Sage, American Fish, and even Le Cirque to the list as high quality places where you will have a very good experience as a single diner at the bar.

12. RH-NY

RH-NY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually go solo and two places I have had great meals at the bar were Todd English and Pubic House in Venetian.

13. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Todd English P.U.B is a great choice I have dined there twice solo and had a great experience both times. Brand steakhouse in Monte Carlo also has a great happy hour at the bar with some $8 apps and 2 for 1 drinks. American fish also has a great happy hour.

14. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pub is great and also has some good happy hour specials as well

15. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that PUB is great for solo. I had a great meal at Carnevino solo at the bar. I did that twice over a couple of years. The bartender was great and appropriately talkative.

16. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During my last solo trip I decided to eat at Holsteins for the first time sitting at the bar and found it was great. The servers were very talkative and didn't hesitate to freshen my beer. The one young lady said she didn't understand why more people do not choose to sit at the bar here of for other places throughout Vegas. Another place for bar seating and eating, Tequila bar in Ballys anytime it is open.

p

17. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree on the PUB @ Monte Carlo. I also had a good meal at the bar @ The Sporting House in NYNY, where ESPN Zone used to be.

18. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1

Most of my trips are (at least partly) solo and I love all the tips and ideas I'm getting from this thread. Tnx!

:beer:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.