1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mozen or Jasmine?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by RedBeans04, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedBeans04

RedBeans04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all. Trip is less than 3 weeks out and I'm trying to narrow down my choices.

I'll be dining alone for breakfast/lunch on Superbowl Sunday. Trying to decide between Mozen and Jasmine?

Staying at Vdara so they are both within easy walking distance.

I think they are both $58. I might be leaning towards Jasmine only because they start at 11 whereas Mozen starts at 12 but I've always wanted to check out the Mandarine Oriental or a meal.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

2. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jasmine for the awesome view of the fountains. Mozen has great food as well though I have not had their brunch. The Peking duck at Jasmine brunch is worth the trip alone.

3. nameBRAND

nameBRAND Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to either restaurant but we did do the afternoon tea at the Mandarin. If anything, it was a good excuse to head there because we probably wouldn't otherwise. Or you could go to Jasmine and do afternoon tea at the Mandarin :p

4. bdcruel

bdcruel Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mozen has a decent view too and better service (service is comparable to Sterling Brunch), but food is not very brunchy compared to Jasmine (limited breakfast / pastry / sweets), and is heavy on seafood. I liked it, but Jasmine is better, although the service isn't as good.

5. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love them both but these days have given the edge a bit to Mozen since you get to order a entree cooked to order in addition to the buffet spread. Of course the view at Mozen doesn't compare at all in my opinion to Jasmine's view of the Bellagio Fountains.

Here's my review on both with photos. I have other more recent trip reports with updated photos but these 2 earlier ones will give you a good idea what both are like.

http://www.lasvegasdaze.com/2010/10/jasmine-fountain-brunch-march-2010.html

The review below is from when we ate there in September of last year.
    http://www.lasvegasdaze.com/search/label/MOzen%20Bistro%20Brunch

6. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By the way it's lunch that doesn't open until noon, the MOzen Bistro Brunch on Sunday is opened by 10 or 10:30am. I know because I ate there last on 12/22/2013 around 11am.

7. RedBeans04

RedBeans04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I still can't decide. The view doesn't really matter at all and the food seems like a toss up. Although the bottomless champagne $15 vs $35 might put me over the edge a little.

8. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reviews! The next time im in Vegas im definitely going to give the Mozen brunch a try. The $35 unlimited Veuve Clicquot is a ridiculous good deal.

9. RedBeans04

RedBeans04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just called and confirmed that Sunday Brunch doesn't start until Noon, so says Megan from Dining Reservations. She said that anything before that is breakfast.

J

10. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's very interesting, perhaps they changed the time for the Brunch.

I believe the charge for unlimited champagne at Jasmine Brunch has increased since I wrote my review. If that is in a factor in your decision process you might want to call up Jasmine and check.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.