1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria TR Summarized with One Pic

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by UKFanatic, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Realized pretty early during this trip that I was not going to have the energy to write even a mini TR. But it was one of my best gambling trips ever, so I wanted to share something. That gave me the idea for a unique way to convey a trip report. Instead of a lengthy description of everything I did, I decided to stage one photograph that summarized the highlights of my trip. Hope you enjoy

Attached Files:

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  2. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude, you just can't post the pic and let it go at that.....throw us a bone...give a few details at least. Anyway, looks like you had a REALLY fun trip. Well done.

3. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn UK..... looks like you did have a fun trip....... I think you do need to fill us in on some of the details now that Nate's TR is coming to a close

4. Tbone3336

Tbone3336 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loveeee the pic.... but remember, details matter! :) I think it is a law somewhere, with a pic like that, there needs to be details and lots of them... :) jk, glad you had what looks like a spectacular trip! Thanks for all the other write-ups you do!

5. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gangster! PUMPKINS!

6. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!!!!

I was waiting to read about a cage heist at Aria in the LV Journal....
    off the hook!!!

7. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:

Awesome! 130k or so hit!

8. Oneil

Oneil Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you need a PA to take notes and draft a report on your behalf

9. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude, did you reach into Nate's pocket and borrow some of that?!?! :evillaugh

Please, do tell.

10. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow!! Congratulations, but we really need to hear about this. This was like a perfect storm with you, Beeejay and Nate in town at the same time.

11. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spiral Galaxy o' Cash! Nice!!!!

Why do I always get the black hole instead???

:beer:

12. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. That is incredible. I've always wanted a 6 figure win, haven't made it there quite yet.

13. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pink chips get me excited. How much did you win total? Is that all profit?

Nice winnings!!! :beer:

14. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost exactly when you factor in the cash. My second biggest win ever and a great way to build my bankroll for trips the rest of the year

The plans have changed
  15. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aren't black holes also wormholes to other galaxies? Here's hoping there is something better on the other side next time (like a royal on day one, not day thirteen!)

The plans have changed
  16. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow great win for the weekend congrats

17. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the positive responses. Not sure what details to tell you all, but the enthusiasm has energized me to write a bit more. So here goes.

Got in Wednesday night. Ate a great dinner at Sirio (loved the ricotta dumplings). Then I played blackjack to the wee hours and grinded out a nice profit. Also, I went two for three on betting NBA that night and the two winners were both large bets (the loser was small). So that started my best sportsbetting run ever! Probably the highlight of the night, though, was craps. I played at a $100 limit table with one other guy. of course, I played my usual darkside and was profiting. The other guy got frustrated and left. Decided to give the pass line a try.

Laid $150 on the line and first roll, 7. Good. Took $75 of that win and put a green chip on each of the Small, Tall, and All. you know what happened next. It hit the All!!!!!!! Tons of fun I have rolled it before, but never when I was betting it. That was a blast and probably a sign that I was about to have a very lucky weekend.

On Thursday, got up and did the Aria spa. Then it was an afternoon of blackjack and bac. Won some more and feeling good. Decided to take my sports winnings from Wednesday and place some larger bets on that day's college and pro basketball games. By the end of the night, I had won nine of ten wagers! I was rolling.

Also met Beejay, Borat and the crew. Hung with them for a bit and we went to Bellagio to play craps. They won, I lost (pass line versus don't pass). Fortunately after Beejay and the crew hit and run, the table turned cold and I recovered most of my losses. But it was a bad omen for the rest of the afternoon.

Went back to Aria and proceeded to dump everything. Gave back all my winnings and tapped my entire credit line. I was on tilt and needed a break.

Decided to go check out Linq. Really, I just walked around a bit over there and cleared my head (but wow that observation wheel is huge up close). After clearing my head, I decided on a risky strategy. I decided I would walk back down the Strip, trying some high dollar hit and run wherever I had a credit line in an effort to recover some of my Aria losses.

Started at Caesars playing high limit BJ. Played the seven deck game and was up $16k after half the shoe. So I packed it in, grabbed a quick snack at Munchbar, and walked to Bellagio. Same strategy. Played seven deck in the high limit, won another $10k, and continued to Cosmo.

Cosmo was interesting. I have a 100k line and asked to take out 75k. They wouldn't let me, which kind of pissed me off. So I took out 25k and sat down at the seven deck game in the Talon room. Twenty minutes later, I was up $35k and cashing in! I had recovered all my earlier losses and went back to Aria to pay my markers. After that, it was time to sleep and slow down.

Family arrived Friday morning, so the amount of time gambling decreased dramatically, but the time spent at the tables went very well. From Friday through Sunday, it was almost constant excellent runs at BJ and Bac. Even when I went down, I was able to increase my bets and win it back quickly. The only hiccup was one bad run Friday night where I dropped about 40k at BJ, but I made up for it by hitting the bac tables and betting at 5k a hand. Twenty minutes later, I had it all back.

I even had one ridiculous win at roulette. My younger sister loves dollar roulette, so I joked with her all weekend that she needed to play in the high limit for bigger stakes. So after my siblings were good and drunk, I told them I would try and hit run some bac money and if I was successful, I would show them how I play roulette. Won a quick 3k at bac and then we carried it over to the roulette table. Screwed around with a few different bets until I finally showed the sisters the wager my best buddy calls the cluster bomb. I was playing quarters and put three chips on 23, one chip on the four numbers surrounding 23, and one chip on every split with the 23 (15 chips in total to place this wager). And then, BOOM, 23 hits! Hello 5k+ return! That was fun.

By yesterday, I was cruising, carrying those two melon chips in my pocket. I profited another 6k on the conference championship games. Then, last night, even though I was exhausted, I decided to try just a little more BJ and bac. Boom! Won another 25k betting 1k per hand! By midnight, it was time to relax. Now, I'm packing and headed to the airport.

Overall, it was a surreal gambling experience. I hit the bonus bet at craps, hit my cluster bomb bet at roulette, won two different $15k bets at bac, and won a $9k BJ bet where I had to double down to $18k! Crazy! I'm back here in two weeks for the Super Bowl. I'm thinking the gambling will be slow. I want to make these winnings last the whole year!

The plans have changed
  18. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:

Crazy lucky bro! Good for you! That All got me salivating!

19. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What an incredible trip, couldn't be happier for you! I love it when things just fall in to place like that, it's trips like these that make us go back again and again :)

20. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats UK! Very nice run you had there.

Curious as to why Cosmo would issue you a 100k credit line and not let you use it? :Þ

Too bad the winnings weren't all from Aria. Would love to see if the discretionaries would have magically dried up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.