1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Anyone else have a spouse addicted to this damn MyVegas game

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by LV_Bound, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is an obsession. The damn laptop is next to her while eating dinner just in case a bonus round it hit. The only way she would have sex is if I offered her loyalty points. :wink2:
    To top it off, there really isn't much out there in terms of items to get with the points that we would use.

2. Motorcat

Motorcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I both play frequently.

Before they tightened it up to 3 rewards per person we had 2 trips almost fully funded by MyVegas -- meals,rooms and some extras to do..... Shark Reef/Tiger Habitat.

Even with the 3 rewards each now - it usually takes care of or rooms and some food or vice versa.

So if she wants to play and she does mobile now......... I am all for it.

I'll play on and off when I am surfing.

Where else can you earn anything for playing free games online ?

Its more than worth it as far as I am concerned.

3. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh this made me laugh! I was her at one time... You know she's in way to deep if she's got the app on her phone and laptop going at the same time!! :evillaugh

Hang in there LV_Bound it's just a phase, you will survive!! :beer::beer:

4. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband HATES computer games, especially slots. With that said, when I, in passing, mentioned this game, he has played it every waking moment. We should have enough points for two tickets to Love for our upcoming trip. I just play mine on my iPad. He had several devices going. My level is higher, yet he has multiples of my points. I should be able to maybe get two buffets, and we don't like buffets lol.

Crazy!

5. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish my wife was playing myvegas, at least we would get something out of it. Instead she plays candy crush - same addiction without the benefits.

6. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I both play daily. I figure we have gotten about 2k worth of free stuff between 2 trips so it is well worth playing.

7. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ooooohhhhhh Love Candy Crush! :D

And what's the difference between playing computer games and watching football for 8-10 hours on Saturday and/or Sunday?

8. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am the spouse that is addicted..although maybe not to your extreme. LOL. I play daily and chill on the couch with my laptop every evening and on weekends spinning myVegas and reading trip reports on another page.
    When I am using the computer in the kitchen (following an online recipe) I will usually have it running at the same time.
    We both play and have both already purchased our 3 reward limit. I finally pushed the button for the last of my rewards this morning for our March trip.
    I will keep on a-spinning though because you never know when the next trip will happen, although I can about guess it would be immediately after Thanksgiving (Friday or Saturday) as it has been for the last couple years.

9. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, and we get a chance to earn something from it too.

10. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lmao
    However my wife wouldn't give in for LP's. She craves the XP's so she can play even more!

Anniversary Trip
  11. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We both play. He did not want to play at first but now he is as addicted as me, the difference between us is i go for lps at the optimum point and he just wants to play (even though he wants the lps too) so he does not quite play as optimally.

12. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have slowed down on our play.

My Last eight day trip, between my wife and me, MyVegas rewards, groupons, travelzoos, Amazon locals, LVA coupons, ACG coupons, and comps, we were running everyday to go here and there. Not our favorite way to vacation.

With the reduction in payoffs for LPs and the rewards being reduced, there is not quite the push for me that there was before.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the program, but if we only do a couple things, instead of the MAX, I will be happy. We enjoyed the steakhouses and the big shows, but we will enjoy a buffet or two just as much.

MGM Mirage still claims my strip loyalty because of the program.

Added to my regular comps - 3 days, ~ $250 gambling, perhaps a show or $250 food credit,MyVegas makes it that much more worthwhile.

But not all day long or even everyday anymore.

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  13. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bite your tongue!

(BTW, you know you can be expelled from Texas for that kind of talk, don’t you?:nono:)

14. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even though the rewards have been reduced it still beats playing other addictive games like Candy Crush. At least you get something in return.

15. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 days a week x 8 vs 7 days a week x 14

16. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL Yeah, we do love our football here.......

I've got to get a new hobby now that I'm not working anymore.......between My Vegas, Candy Crush, Papa Pear Saga, Bubble Witch and now Farm Heroes......you can blow a whole day doing absolutely nothing! :evillaugh

17. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm the one with the addiction in the marriage lol. My wife would tell me how addicted I am, yet she was over there playing candy crush on her phone at the same time. I just got her into myvegas and she's been playing on her phone. I think they let her win a ton to reel her in and it seems to be working. I'm hoping she'll get enough LP's to get something extra when we go on our next trip.with my LP's, I'm shooting for a couple nights comped somewhere.

I think she understands the addiction, and it relates to the fact that you can redeem points for actual rewards. She loves Vegas too, so its much better than being addicted to Candy Crush or other similar games.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  18. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip my wife obtained the CET credit card and received the Buffet of Buffets. The she also purchased the 2 for 1 PH Buffet on Groupons as well as the $50 food credit for $25 at Monte Carlo.

We seemed to have to schedule everything which like you stated is not the way to plan a vacation.

19. jtdl

jtdl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got a survey emailed to me from myVEGAS and it seems as though they might increase their venues - the survey was in regard to rewards to theme parks such as WDW, Six Flags, SeaWorld. Every minute of my free time will be spent on this computer playing if they start offering rewards for WDW!!!!

20. Jamie in PA

Jamie in PA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate to admit that I AM the addicted spouse...LOL!!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.