1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Are you doing the Holiday Puzzle?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Ty, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I figured I'd give it a shot.
    Two pieces down.

2. Franky

Franky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not going to put that much effort into it.

I won 1 million chips from the last puzzle game and am still floating around that level so I don't see any real perks of completing it.

3. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Figured I may as well try. 20,000 for finishing + a 40,000 bonus. Almost 2 pieces down.

4. Scullygirl33

Scullygirl33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's anyting like the last 3 puzzles...I will fly through it until I am halfway done with requirements for last puzzle piece. Then I will run out of chips and get the bare minimum in daily spins, and it will take hundreds of thousands of chips to get anywhere I won't be able to complete it in time.

So I think I will just collect chips and wait for the next Double XP. ;-)

5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Skipping this. Saving up chips for the next double XP.

I'm done with these puzzle quests unless we get another one for 1,000,000+ chips like the last one was.

And I'll NEVER EVER waste my time on those "300,000,000 chip giveaway" days.

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was sadly in Tunica for that million chip glitch. No puzzle will ever be that good again. As for this one, I still need to look, posting from phone now.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  7. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm doing pretty good on this one, I have 9 of 25 on the last piece. I stopped collecting LP so I'll resume it tomorrow. My chip count is pretty much what I started with.

8. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI: At level 145 it took me 1,041,000 coin-in to complete the first 3 levels (the three piddly ones).

9. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Managed the first five levels, I'm a level 45 and it's taken me about 150K coin in. Halfway through the final level now, should complete sometime tomorrow hopefully (40K jackpot a bit terrible though).

10. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will play pretty much normally but just in doing that I am 3 pieces in as I had some time to play while watching TV this morning. These puzzles can be sucker bets because the amount of coin-in required to get points toward pieces gets so much higher for the final piece. It would be better if they just kept the coin-in per point the same throughout and said it took 75 points to get the final piece or something like that. At least then you would know what you were in for as you went through the process. Of course - probably not as effective in getting people to chase that final piece if they did it that way.

11. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Down to just 3 pieces to find for the final piece now, should get it tomorrow.

12. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I completed it and had a few chips more than when I started.

13. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finished. Pretty easy in reality, 40K chips bonus to finish up.

14. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finished it tonight with about 2 hours to spare. Overall, I started the quest with 400,000 chips and ended with 500,000, including the 200k bonus. But I started today at nearly 700,000 and the games were all ice cold. I lost more than 400,000 just to earn the last 11 puzzle pieces at 1,500 per spin. :rolleyes2:

15. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anytime you profit after the bonus in one of these I think it's a win. I should have stopped one piece short, but I finished with about 30 minutes to spare...I lost over 300k on the last piece to gain that big 240k reward...oops. The big key is I earned 18k LP over this with a good daily spins, level ups, etc. To me these tend to do better than double XP, but this one took me 7M XP to complete...wtf?? So I ran above average and or collected a lot? I would expect to lose 700k red for this, but the bonus would award me half back. So probably after everything, I was average.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  16. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After doing about a dozen of these puzzle type promotions I have come to a similar conclusion. It is almost comical to me watching and waiting for the coming huge losses as I complete the final and most rewarding piece of the puzzle. After seeing this happen time and time again, it is obvious that the game is set for you to lose much of what you will win (or more) on gaining the last piece of the puzzle. At best, I am even in chip level from the start of the final piece to after completing it and receiving the bonus.

As I see it, it is a promotion intended to entice people to play more, without any real benefit. Your post reinforces my view.

17. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well - really if the bonus gets you back to break even from where you started it is a win because you essentially got the LP's you accumulated in the process for free. That is how I look at it - I figure the bonus is just a way to reduce the "cost" of getting the LP's. After all LP's are the name of the game - not accumulating red chips.

18. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Completed it and had even some more chips when i started with
    This one is pretty ok
    The last puzzle was ridiculous as it costed you incredibly too much chips to complete and what you got back for it
    So till now this puzzle is ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.