1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bally's Jubilee Rooms

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by TXCajuns, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TXCajuns

TXCajuns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Posting from Bally's on this our anniversary, 11-12-13!! We were upgraded to a Jubilee Premium Queen room. Not only did they upgrade us from a North Tower Classic King but also our daughter. They gave her a room right across the hall. I don't think the rooms are quite as large as the North Tower Deluxe rooms but they are very nice. I love the large walk in shower and especially love having a fridge in the room!

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the nice upgrade!! Have a really great trip!!

3. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had reservations for Dec 13-17th for a Jubilee Luxury King (diamond upgrade to grand suite upon arrival). We go into Diamond check in and they tell us that the Jubilee tower would be closed starting the 15th and we took a grand suite in the North tower. The reason......low occupancy. Wasn't worth keeping the tower open with services. You'd think they could close down one wing of the north tower and keep the NEW refurbished tower open.

:grrr:

4. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting... we are due to check in tomorrow night and have a Jubilee room reserved, sounds like we won't be getting it maybe. Not a huge deal I guess, since we've stayed in the North tower rooms many times and like them fine, but I've been looking forward to checking out the newly remodeled rooms and maybe getting a good view.

5. AZYankee

AZYankee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed in the Jubilee tower at the end of October. The remodeling job was nice but left some things to still be desired. Our first night we were put into room 5906, which was a handicapped accessible room. A lot of wasted space for us. The big negative there was they did nothing to soundproof the elevators. The room butted up to the back of the elevator shaft and was noisy as anything. Second, the elevators are still as slow as ever. In my opinion, I would much prefer the North tower. Plus the monorail is more easily accessible.

6. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were told by the check in host that it was for maintenance. But a lengthy discussion with the Supervisor of the front desk, I've known her for awhile, told me the real reason was keeping both towers open with their current occupancy wasn't cost efficient, and closing the north tower which is about twice as big was out of the question. But the company line you'll receive is 'maintenance'.

Construction hasn't started on the Bazaar. I can see if there was alot of demolition going on in front of that tower, but other than having the spaceport entrance closed, there was no work being done.

7. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks NickyDim - I'll be sure to report back on the results when we check in.

8. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brings back bad memories. Stayed in the old Bally's tower 6 or 7 years ago and were by the elevator. It was a very long night...

Unnnnnnnnnnnnn - click squeak - whooooshhhnunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnmmmmmm

That was my best "elevator sound through the walls" impression.

9. AZYankee

AZYankee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually the noise was more like Bob Marley and Christmas past. The rattle of the chains going up and down. It was a very long first night.

10. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in last night and yup, Jubilee Tower "unavailable" due to "maintenance". No biggie. We got a NT room with the 2 beds we needed (my nephew joins us tonight, yay!) it is spacious and clean so good enough for us.

We got in pretty late, so didn't venture out of Ballys yet, but based just on here the crowd seems very light.

11. Skyler

Skyler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm supposed to be staying in a Jubilee tower room starting the 26th. I wonder when they plan to open that tower again.

12. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure it will be open before NYE and remain open for CES.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.